Author Topic: Problems with SignaLink USB being muted  (Read 5742 times)

Offline Missasip1938

• View Profile
Problems with SignaLink USB being muted
« on: November 03, 2015, 10:45:28 am »
I have been using my SignaLink USB external sound card for over a year successfully.  I use it for digital work on both HAM and MARS bands but for some reason this past week Windows 10 started muting the "input" or microphone from it. I take it off mute and within 20 seconds to a few minutes it is muted again by Windows. What I do see is in the Volume Mixer a pop-up labeled Microsoft(C) Register Server that shows as being turned off or muted.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and also changing USB ports to no avail.

I have been using it with Windows 10 since early August with no problem.  I ran Tweaking PRO, it set for all repairs, for over 5 hours; separate runs of SFC /Scannow; McAfee Virus Plus and a Malware program on my setup and nothing has come up with a fix. I read the Q&A files for this device on line and don't find anything that appears to address this problem.  HELP!   :cry:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with SignaLink USB being muted
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 10:50:19 am »
While I don't use Win 10 I think it tends to use its own generic MS audio drivers, but these would normally have come with updates or during the Win 10 upgrade.

What does Device Manager have for audio drivers ?