Author Topic: what is the advantage of OUtlook as email support?  (Read 5719 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
what is the advantage of OUtlook as email support?
« on: December 09, 2015, 05:29:51 am »
Now I am using gmail, but i could only access the enclosures thro its server other than the downloads.
                        Somebody says that outlook could give a solution to store the contents also in offline and one could access in the absence of internet. Is it true. If it is, then how to stop the outlook to steal all the emails in gmails to its folder. I mean, i want a copy stored in gmail also in case anything happens to the computer. Pl
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: what is the advantage of OUtlook as email support?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 03:03:13 am »
Hi,
                          Could the outlook be used as an offline storage of contents of email and contents?. This the crux of the matter of my query

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 04:18:43 am »
Yes it can.

As an alternative email client, take a look at Thunderbird.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/thunderbird

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 04:29:14 am »
Hi, i have not used the Thunder Bird.
                                        Would it swallow the gmails if i download and use it? My question is two fold. One the Offline storage and 2. Not swallowing the previous mails in gmail.
                                         Once i tried is when i used takeway a utility in gmail to store all the files with contents . I did that and it came to about some gbs. But it was a zip file of google and could not be opened . i could not do anything with the zip and it is residing inside some of google product.
                                            Thunderbird is said to have the facility of opening those files in offline. I think, that i have tried but not knowing how.
                                                I shudder to think of outmail, as it swallows all the mails stored in the computer, whether it is gmail or yahoo mail.
                                                     I wrote to yahoo, but they said they could not do anything about it. I then used gmail to get back all the mails from outlook. why outlook swallows. I just replied thro a outlook mail in a link and thats  all. My yahoo mail shows no previous mail. I have to look to outlook to get it back to gmail.
                                     Please tell how to configure this and also whether you could view the contents in opening outlook without internet connection and could store the mail with contents.
                                            Where all those files are stored in outlook may also be given,