Author Topic: How one is getting package errors while prescan  (Read 5957 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
How one is getting package errors while prescan
« on: December 17, 2015, 07:53:44 pm »
Hi,
                    Glad that Shane, boggins and Julian are giving zip solultion to the cat and mum files for file package missing in aio prescan.
                               But i do not know, how those packages are getting killed. is that their pcs update failed while installing those packages.
                                   Are virus, trojan and whatnot corrupt their updates with some programs

I did the prescan with the expectation of getting packages missing. But it went on smoothly. Glad that so much are using AIO by Shane. As it is a free tool , by running this prescan, one can be sure to get the missing files.
                                         i normally use windows 7 system readiness tool for any missing updates.

The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How one is getting package errors while prescan
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 02:08:35 pm »
It ain't down to me - Thanks go to Shane and Julian for those.

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 02:54:21 pm »
Say if you updated your computer and during an update when you are turning it on it says configuring updates please don't turn off and suddenly you got a power surge bam those cat and mum files could come up missing or corrupt the most common reason I've seen is someone had malware on their computer it messed up their computer  now another reason could be ms decides to pull an update and you've already downloaded it and it fails so you reset everything and redownload and it comes up missing those 2 mum and cat files ...
Julian

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 02:56:30 pm »
I've noticed as well Intel chipset updates mess up like 1000+ mum files reverting to the old driver than updating from the Intel website fixes that. Usually...
Julian