Author Topic: modify Windows Paste to add 2 <cr> to the end of every item pasted  (Read 5366 times)

Offline questorfla

• View Profile
This should be a modify option in clipboard but in Windows 10 I do not see any "clipbrd.exe" now.  I see a lot of people on Google complaining of wanting to strip <cr>'s out of every copied item but nothing i copy ever has even one <cr> and I would love to add it.  The intent is to get multiple copy/pasted text items to show up in a double spaced list. Instead of being pasted end to end with no break at all.  The only way to get them in is to press <ENTER> twice at the end of each paste and this is how it works on every system I use so I presume this lack of an automatic <break> is either new to Windows 10 or it only happens to me :(
Does anyone here have any idea how to modify this function to achieve the desired effect?  Or create a New one called paste+ and paste++ that would have one   or  two  <cr>'s added to each item held in Clipboard as it is pasted to Notepad, WordPad, etc.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: modify Windows Paste to add 2 <cr> to the end of every item pasted
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 12:10:49 pm »
I dont think there is an option like that for the default clipboard. There are however a lot of 3rd party programs that you could use that monitor the clipboard and make changes to it based on what you want.

I dont use any so i dont have any program names off hand, but I have seen them before.

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: modify Windows Paste to add 2 <cr> to the end of every item pasted
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 02:25:11 pm »