Author Topic: Migration of Os to ssd from give away of the day  (Read 5962 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Migration of Os to ssd from give away of the day
« on: May 15, 2013, 02:49:27 am »
Hi, Today Give away of the day site gives this paragon migrate os to ssd software free of cost. When i open it says it will erase all the data on the target folder, and hence request to back up the data. It will only take the OS to ssd and not the data on dynamic drives. Please let me know how for it is useful. I do not know much about this. When i asked regarding back up data, it was informed that only data on the system, not os could be backed up. But what about this software. It is only available till 1.30 indian standard time in give away of the day. How to use it. If suppose, i copy the data to a external pendrive, will it be bootable. I have just downloaded and activated but not used it. I want others comments on that.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Migration of Os to ssd from give away of the day
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 11:52:54 am »
ever heard of the program, but the type of drive shouldn't matter, SSD or not as you use them the same way.

I just use drive cloning programs to do that instead, SSD or not. Such as Norton Ghost (Not Free) and some other free ones out there.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 06:01:23 pm »
Hi, little bit confusing for me, If i migrate by accepting this program access, then will it be able to boot. If it is not so, then there is nothing new. I have asked at you regarding back up, and i was informed that only system drive files , could be backed up and not the os from the booting.
          For academic and also safety , is suppose BSOD happens and nothing could be done, one has to format and reinstalll the windows. But numerous programs, what  one would have downloaded would also get formatted and you have to install again after installing the windows. Will it be possible to restore the entire c disk with all the downloaded programs, sir, shane.
           Would I request you to include a tab , where i could find all my posts , answered , started , posted everything so that i could easliy access the older threads and continue my discussion on it rather than starting a new thread. Could i reopen a locked thread, sir, shane.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 10:54:50 am »
You post almost more than any one else. Half the answers I find for you I just go and search on google for lol.

I have a lot of knowledge but I dont know everything. The trick is to learn how to research correctly :-)

I know nothing about the program you got. And the only way to restore a system with everything on it is to have a proper backup of it first.

Shane