Author Topic: XXXX Contains a Virus and was Deleted  (Read 7002 times)

Offline mzcondo

• View Profile
XXXX Contains a Virus and was Deleted
« on: May 28, 2013, 03:14:08 pm »
Hello,
I have scoured the web and have found no solution to the following problem.  IE9, FireFox, Chrome all encounter the same issue whenever I try to download ANY file.  I get a popup indicating "XXXXX containted a virus and was deleted".  I have checked my PC using MalWare, CCleaner, avast!, S&D, and others, and verified my computer is clean of all malware and viruses (at least it looks that way).  I even used the Tweaking.com Window's Repair file as well to no avail.

Im at wit's end, I cannot solve this for the life of me!  Can anyone help please?
Side Note; I HAD avg but uninstalled it since I heard that may cause some of the issues I noted above.

Please let me know if you need any additional information and I will provide ASAP.  Thank you in advance!!!   :artist:

OS; Windows Vista, SP2

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: XXXX Contains a Virus and was Deleted
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 03:16:29 pm »
Those web browsers dont have any AV detection in them, instead AVG may have installed add ons into them. Have you checked to see what add ons are installed in them?

Also run this anti rootkit tool as well just to cover all the bases :-)

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/mbar/

Shane

Offline mzcondo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 03:41:00 pm »
Are you kidding me?

Are
you
kidding
me?

The MWBytes anti-rootkit found some hidden malware and now; PROBLEM SOLVED!  I cannot believe avast!, MWBytes, or any of the other ones couldnt find this....
Thank you immensley for the help.  I dont have alot (hence still using a PC with Vista), but I just made a $25 donation via PayPal to Tweaking.com.  Thank you again!

Those web browsers dont have any AV detection in them, instead AVG may have installed add ons into them. Have you checked to see what add ons are installed in them?

Also run this anti rootkit tool as well just to cover all the bases :-)

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/mbar/

Shane

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 06:06:22 pm »
Glad your all fixed :-)

The others didnt work because they arent root kit scanners. Malwarebytes started making a rootkit scanner, why it isnt all in just one scanner I dont know lol.

Since your all fixed I will lock this thread, and thanks for the donation! :wink:

And as always...
If your happy with my work. Then all I ask in return is you simply let others know about my site and programs. I help with anything computer or network related :-)
Also always feel free to make a post in the feedback forum.
And a facebook like at the top of the page of my site is nice as well. ;)

Shane