Author Topic: Backup and Restore Windows 7  (Read 7496 times)

Offline BallyIrish

• View Profile
Backup and Restore Windows 7
« on: July 01, 2013, 03:23:25 am »
Hi Tweaking.co. - the "Thumbs Down" is not meant for you, but for Microsoft and their Windows 7 Backup and Restore!   Thank you for Tweaking.com Repair all-in-one: a remarkable program to say the least - excellent is a better word.

You no doubt know that Windows 7 Backup and Restore is the subject of thousands of different Forums.   None of the buttons in my Backup facility even respond - nothing works.   I have had the best Geek in Somerset West, South Africa give up after two weeks of trying numerous "fixes" given in the Microsoft USA Forums and many other Tech forums.   One Microsoft superintendent suggested  "upgrade to Windows 8 which has a very good backup facility" "fix...

Tweaking.com does not fix the problem either - sadly.  :sad:

Could you please   look into this issue and mayb come up with a fix.  Microsoft South Africa Forums has offered no working fix either,   Tried Toms Hardware, Bleeping Computer and a host of others.   One "fix" removed the "Change Settings" and "Turn on Schedule" buttons, which your excellent Registry and Restore facility restored for me!   Thank you.   If you can fix this Backup and Restore, I reckon you will be the first.

Microsoft has known about this problem since 2010 but has not given us a fix - for obvious reasons, I suspect.   I paid $270.00 for my personal 32 bit, 64 bit and Drivers CDs (not OEM).   The 32 bit is installed.   Here are my specs:   Operating System
   Windows 7 Professional 32-bit SP1
CPU
   Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz   45 °C
   Yorkfield 45nm Technology
RAM
   4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
   ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5P43TD (LGA775)   35 °C
Graphics
   HP L1908w (1440x900@60Hz)
   1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 (ASUStek Computer Inc)   40 °C
Hard Drives
   466GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 ATA Device (SATA)   39 °C
   466GB Seagate ST3500418AS ATA Device (SATA)   41 °C
Optical Drives
   LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1L ATA Device
Audio
   Realtek High Definition Audio

Thank you for allowing your users place for giving voice.   Best greetings.   BallyIrish.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Backup and Restore Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 05:13:39 pm »
I personally dont use Windows backup, never liked it. Myself I use the free FBackup.

But I will be more than happy to help you out.

Worse case scenario is we do a repair install of Windows, which will keep all your settings and programs. Best case, we fix it :-)

Shane

Offline BallyIrish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 12:14:43 am »
Thank you Shane.   I have run Tweaking.com All in One,  a number of times - doesn't help with the broken Backup, but works wonders elsewhere.    Also done a repair reinstall. a few registry tweaks recommended by Microsoft: nothing has ever worked.
I have Backup Maker installed, so I will try that, and look into FBackup.   Thank you so much!   BallyIrish

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 03:33:43 pm »
A repair install of Windows didnt even fix it? Wow then the problem is a lot deeper!

Instead of a fresh install see if one of the other backup options works better for you :-)

Shane