Author Topic: Windows 8 problems  (Read 5593 times)

Offline DETORIB

• View Profile
Windows 8 problems
« on: August 04, 2013, 11:28:28 am »
Flash player does not work with Internet Explorer and File History does not recognize my external hard drive with my Windows 8 PC.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 8 problems
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 03:33:37 pm »
Are you using Internet Explorer 64 bit from the start menu?

If so try using the IE shortcut that doesnt have 64 bit in the name. That is the normal 32 bit IE and is the one most of the active x controls are made for.

Shane

Offline DETORIB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 05:35:31 pm »
I have had problems with flash player not working from day one in 32 & 64 bit. I actually removed flash player hoping I could get it to work by removing it and trying to reinstall it. I couldn't find a way to reinstall it apparently since it was embedded in Win 8. Adobe website was of no help. I have had several technicians from Dell unable to fix it. I don't want to do a refresh and lose my programs. I thought someone would have a magic answer. I can live without it. I can use Google Chrome if necessary.

I have been using Google Chrome whenever I need to view something requiring Flash Player.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 07:48:53 pm by DETORIB »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 07:43:43 pm »
Ah that's right, I forgot MS did their own flash so you cant even update it, you have to get the update from MS. Yet another reason I dont use IE LOL.

OK first lets confirm it is IE, get firefox or chrome, and install flash for them and see how they do.

Shane