Author Topic: The tweaking for Windows program.  (Read 5397 times)

Offline Ginaw

• View Profile
The tweaking for Windows program.
« on: August 22, 2013, 07:58:41 am »
The program seems to have done a good job. I still have a couple of things I would like to see if you can help me fix, or maybe you have one for the program to repair.  My task bar flashes from time to time while I am on the main page with my program icons. While using internet explorer 10 for my version which is Windows 7, the internet flashes and shows a second version of itself liked it is stacked while in use. When it changes and the task bar has stopped flashing then although I can shut-down the internet windows freezes and will not shut-down. I then have to do a hard shut down. Can you add a repair for this problem?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: The tweaking for Windows program.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 02:50:40 pm »
When Windows cant shutdown it is normally because a driver isnt responding and Windows sits there and waits.

And the screen flickering you are having with the not shutting down sounds like it might be your video card driver :wink:

Either the driver simply needs to be uninstalled, reboot and reinstalled, or the video card is going bad. BUt normally if a video goes back the whole system will lock up and you have to reboot. It is most likely drivers.

Shane

Offline Ginaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 09:03:00 am »
Thanks Shane! I ran a check on all my drivers through the program in windows.  The system updated all the necessary drivers and then told me that they were updated and running properly.  I would like to try your fix for uninstalling the video driver and then reinstalling with a reboot.  Do you mind giving me the steps on how to do that?  Also, could that be the reason I often hear random sounds and people talking when I have not even cued them to do so? If so, when I uninstall the video driver will that fix that problem as well? Thanks in advance!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 11:52:49 pm »
Also, could that be the reason I often hear random sounds and people talking when I have not even cued them to do so?

Can you explain that a little more?

Also what video card is on your system?

Right click on Computer and left click on manage.

IN the new Window click on device manager on the left.

Open the display adapters and post a screen shot for me :-)

Shane