Author Topic: New Registry Backup Setup file  (Read 7362 times)

Offline Bubba Euler

• View Profile
New Registry Backup Setup file
« on: August 31, 2013, 06:47:46 am »
I downloaded, at Majorgeeks.com, your new Registry Backup Setup file.  My Advanced System Care (IObit) (Bit Defender A/V) indicated a Trojan called: variant.Symmi.15697.  Is it part of the software and safe, or is it something that should be avoided?

Thanks.

Bubba Euler  :thinking:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: New Registry Backup Setup file
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 08:04:32 pm »
It is a false positive. Which file did it flag?

Just submit it to them, they will see it is a false and update their defs so they wont flag it any more :wink:

Shane

Offline Bubba Euler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 05:33:47 am »
Yes!  Thank you, Shane.  I "white-listed" the False-Positive, then installed your Registry Backup.  I then used it and had no problems at all.  I will send the file to Advanced System Care (IObit) and Bit Defender for analysis.  My initial post included the file name of the supposed Trojan.

Oh!  As a follow-up to a previous Windows Restore problem which neither of us could explain or resolve, suddenly the Windows System Restore is back to working properly!?!  Poof!  I can't explain why.  All I know is that the problem of excessive HDD access by the System Restore, when a Restore Point was created, no longer exists.  I now have multiple Restore Points with little to no HDD access during System Idle time.  I can not do without having your "Drive Speedometer" installed!!!!  I feel more knowledgeable and in control of my computer by its mere presence.

Thanks for your help and guidance. 

Bubba Euler

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 06:18:57 pm »
I have Drive Speedometer running on every one of my systems lol. Since the hard drive is the slowest part in the system it is really helpful to know when the drive is under a load :-)

Shane