Author Topic: Could not correct missing tab  (Read 6659 times)

Offline boweasel

• View Profile
Could not correct missing tab
« on: September 04, 2013, 08:15:42 am »
On Windows 7, my Wireless Connection Properties screen is missing the middle tab - the one for Wireless Networks.  The tweaking tool did not resolve the issue.

Offline boweasel

• View Profile
Re: Could not correct missing tab
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 02:28:23 pm »
Well, that certainly cleared things up.....????

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 10:20:54 am »
Windows 7 doesn't have that tab, I know XP did. But in Windows 7 you go to the network and connection sharing center, on the left you click on manage wireless networks and you will see them there :wink:

Shane

Offline boweasel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 11:56:48 am »
Thanks for the reply - I had no idea that W7 gave you no choice about who would manage your wireless configuration.  We just started using our Windows 7 desktop wirelessly and, unfortunately it has no internal wifi capability, so I tried to use a WUSB54GC V3 adapter.  I had EXTREMELY slow internet response, was only seeing one or two bars on the tray indicator, and I was searching for a reason.  I thought it might be because Windows WAS NOT managing my wifi. 

Since I posted I have moved the adapter to a USB port in the front of the machine and I now seem to always have a minimum of 4 bars.  All is good, and thanks for the education and for your tools.

TESTIMONIAL
I have an old XP tower in which the search function would always initially display an empty space in the Type of File field, and I was then able to search correctly (usually on an external HDD).  But subsequent searches on the drive were always unsuccessful because it would fill in AAC audio book on the type of file, and I had no ability to change it to (All Files and Folders), which was not listed in the pull-down.  I would then have to close the explorer window for the drive, reopen it, and reinitiate the search every time to get back to the blank file type. 

Your Windows Repair tool care of this very annoying problem (I have 2 externals drives on the tower and was probably searching for something on both of the drives 3 or 4 times a day).  After the initial search it now always defaults to a file type of (All Files and Folders). 

Thank you!