Author Topic: registry tool all in one should be done separately for all the users?  (Read 6025 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Registry permissions and file permission are mostly exploited by the thrid party to their advantages. By resorting to your tool , it really sets the permission correctly. Does it has to be run for every user separately by logging in to their accounts?
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: registry tool all in one should be done separately for all the users?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 02:27:50 pm »
When it sets the hkey current user yes, otherwise the reg of the registry is used by all users.

Only hkey current user is different for each user.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 07:21:05 pm »
Oh, that is news to me and everybody i suppose. So, i had to use this tool  for every user for registry permission. I have asked this question, because, when i deleted the user profile to ged rid of configuring problem, the GOTD programs which work for years have all become of temporary editions. You may be aware that GOTD daily gives free softwares daily. Give away of the day site.   
             Since, i already deleted the corrupted profile and copied all the files, excluding ntuser.ini,ntdata, and net.pol and log files, it copied about 10 g.b. I did not expect that the deletion of user profile would make all the free programs fully functioned hitherto to become trial version.
                By the By, is the software given by GOTD site is machine specific or user specific?. I will reset the registry permission as per your advice , shane. If i download anything, it is only available for me and not to the other users of the computer. Is my presumption correct?
                 You may improve your registry software, by automatically doing this hkcu, when the administrator reg keys could be accessed by your tool shane sir.

The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 06:37:42 pm »
By the By, is the software given by GOTD site is machine specific or user specific?.

That totally depends on the program itself and how it is written.

Shane