Author Topic: create a administration installation point on net work to install office 2007  (Read 7654 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
http://www.wikihow.com/Create-an-Administrative-Installation-Point-for-Installing-Entrust-Security-Provider-for-Windows
Please see this link and kindly let me know, why this is needed. If suppose, i install a office set up program to a default directory by the installation cd, there are problems when accessing the same software by different users of the computer. But if we choose, the network installation point, this error could be avoided by installing the program in a specific folder, so that every computer user need not to again the installation of any addon or updates and the same program with updates by single user could be used by all in a workgroup computers, having limited numbers.
                    Is it true and what is called network, is that connect to msoft for any purpose, or is a folder created by us to install. Normally all the programs allow you to have a "browse button" to change the installation path, but programs llike msoffice does not allow you to choose.

Please kindly let me know is this possible. In the msi enabled log, i get shellui.mst is not digitally signed. and it shows so many things that i could not understand. can i do this by reinstalling the office for all users of a computer at the same time.
                        Now, if i add on addon to one user, it is not found in other users account. You have to again add the add on there. Please help computer expert shane, sir,
                          i want a detailed reply shane sir
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
That is normally used for an admin who needs to push out the setup to a bunch of computers over the network and the setup needs admin rights. You dont need to do that when installing it on just your computer. It is meant for network admins.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi Thank you very much for the reply. Now I am clear about it. Then what is meant by Deploying ms office. Does that mean that the users of the computer , all of them , could use the same level of program, I mean that the add on that one user would have added as add in  are available to all the users. To be more clear, that every user need not install the same add on on their log on to individual account. I am fascinated by your replies to the queries in a gentle manner.
                 Please let me know, how could i do this for my computer, which has about 3 users.
                      Would removing the users only could solve this problem. Please expecting a reply

Offline jraju

• View Profile
http://home.mcafee.com/virusinfo/virusprofile.aspx?key=3698410#none
                 Please see the link after reading this post. I wish to add that i got rid of a generic trojan by using avast full scan. I did not think that the trojan may dent your system protected files also, even if we have good antivirus. Please see this link for the virus characteristics of this generic trojan. It list the mso files as well as system protected files and sfc /scannow could not be completed when i was struck by this trojan. Could the trojan do this kind of damage. It removed the system protected files.
                      How can we prevent system protected files from this kind of attack. Should we always scan on alternate days full scan.
                        Some of the files have been repaired and some could not be , by the sfc. expecting detailed reply from shane

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
When you install a program on a computer it is available to everyone, so you should be fine that way :-)

Out of all the users I help you seem to get hit with a virus the most lol. What AV are you using? And are you making sure to keep java and flash up to date?

Shane