Author Topic: Right Click selectively not working  (Read 7158 times)

Offline subcore

• View Profile
Right Click selectively not working
« on: October 31, 2013, 10:25:58 pm »
Hi,
I am running Windows 7 Ultimate

Problem: Right mouse selectively doesn't work. This happened suddenly. Nothing had been uploaded or changed at the time.

Examples:

If I go to Chrome and right click, I just get a quick flash (of the options) and that's it. It also sends me automatically to the right of the page (when page is larger than screen). If I moved it back towards the left, it would send me back to the right. When in IE, it works fine. I thought the problem was Chrome but then I opened a Notepad file and it scrolled to the bottom of the page. If I opened a Word doc, it would work fine. Certain programs, if I select the drop down menu, it will go to the last option (not allowing me to select a different one since it's taking me back to the last one again). So I guess the problem is right mouse and sends me to bottom or right of screen or menu options.

Troubleshooting I did:
Uninstalled mouse and reinstalled it
Tried a different mouse
Checked last updates (over a week ago) to see if that created a conflict
Ran Clean Boot
Ran sfc.exe
Ran Malwarebytes
Ran anti virus
Ran Tweaking repair

Nothing has fixed it. Any ideas? Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Right Click selectively not working
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 03:23:14 am »
For some reason it sounds like the snap to option in the mouse settings in the control panel and its going crazy lol. Did you check to see if that was enabled?

Reason I ask about that first is because it is a feature in Windows that auto moves your mouse, so it would be the first thing to check.

Shane

Offline subcore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 10:42:17 am »
Mine looks exactly like your image (same checked boxes). As a matter of fact, when I go to that particular tab (pointer options), the little bar for pointer speed moves to the right on its own. If I go to the second tab, pointers, it goes to the last option in "schemes".

I deleted all my browsers in case something was causing a conflict. I've tried three different mice so my guess it's not a mouse issue. Major problem seems that it sends browser windows to the right (when possible), documents to bottom of page and drop down menus to last option. If I try to move the browser window back to center or left, it tries to force it back to right. If I try to select an option that's not the last one in a drop down menu, it's impossible.

I've asked a few IT people I know and everyone is stumped. An IT guy from a school district did tell me that he's seen this problem with Windows 7 and hasn't figured out a fix. Only thing he knows is that it's random (hasn't seen a pattern why it happens).

From my searching in Google, I have yet to find a fix solution that I haven't tried.

Thanks again

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 12:56:40 pm »
the little bar for pointer speed moves to the right on its own.

Ok this may seem odd but I want you to unplug your keyboard and see if that helps at all.

When you first go to that tab that slider bar is the first thing chosen, where you can tab through, and if you hit your arrow key on your keyboard it will move the slider, so I just want to see what happens with the keyboard unplugged.

If it doesnt the next thing is to try Windows safe mode and see if the mouse go nuts there as well.

Shane

Offline subcore

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 09:04:33 am »
Did that and safe mode and no change.

Windows support doesn't seem much help either. They just say to do the same things (clean boot or sfc)

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 12:06:36 pm »
Well it is differently something on the system since you tried different mice and it still happens.

Did you uninstall the mouse software if any is installed and leave it uninstalled and then remove the mouse from the device manager and let Windows install the normal OS drivers for it?

Shane