Author Topic: USER PROFILE CAN NOT BE LOADED  (Read 6057 times)

Offline kristilblu

• View Profile
USER PROFILE CAN NOT BE LOADED
« on: December 04, 2013, 05:27:47 pm »
 :confused: I went to log on to my PC (Windows 7) put in my password and hit logon. It said Welcome for a brief moment but then I received the message USER PROFILE CAN NOT BE LOADED!! I tried again and again to no avail. (DUH) Then I decided to go into safe mode with networking to change my password and perhaps that might fix the issue?? Nope! So through a past college computer teacher I was pointed to this website and told to use the Windows All IN One. I had to go to my neighbors home to download the program onto a thumb drive just to Run it on my PC. Unfortunately this didn't do the trick either. I turned off my AVG protection so it wouldn't interfere and I tried it twice but after restart I am still receiving the same message when I log on with my password. Whay to do next?? Any suggestions??

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: USER PROFILE CAN NOT BE LOADED
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 06:52:48 pm »
That error means that it cant load the user registry file for that profile, normally. Could be a few other things.

BUT, the easiest thing to do is to make a new user profile.

Log in with that profile and then you can start moving your files and such from the old profile to the new.

Sometimes that is the only option if the local registry for that profile got corrupted.

Might be a good idea to check the drive for bad sectors just to cover all the bases. If the drive has any bad sectors, and a part of the reg file is on one then it becomes corrupt. :wink:

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: USER PROFILE CAN NOT BE LOADED
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 08:14:55 pm »
Hi, kristbulu
           The shane's advice is the only solution. No other fix. Because, numerous registry entries are created when one user account is created. I will advise you to create a new user with administration right, not just standard rights. Otherwise, you may not be able to edit some system files in the system.
                 After copying your old files from, your old files from c: user\username with some exception ntuser.dat, ntuserlogfiles as per micrsoft article on how to copy files from old user. Your problem will be solved with all the files intact. While copying files, pl check whether some unwanted programs exist, and you could delete the old user account after all the actions.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".