Author Topic: Cannot install your program due to error  (Read 6068 times)

Offline TS

• View Profile
Cannot install your program due to error
« on: December 05, 2013, 08:04:29 pm »
A windows auto-update, or two (Sunday & Monday), corrupted my computer this week.  I don't like the idea of a system restore, as I reverted back from one after the attempt didn't preserve much in the way of drivers and certain programs.  I thought your application may help.  However, during install, I am receiving the below error, which may be due to the corruption.  Windows propriatory Update scan/fix application recognized the Update errors; however, they were not fixable by the offering.

"Could not create uninstall shortcut: C\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start\Menu\Programs\Tweaking.com\Windows Repair (All in One)\Uninstall Tweaking.com - Windows Repair (All in One).lnk"

Thanks in advance for your review, and I hope it can be installed and all can potentially be restored.  Even though the Microsoft rep I chatted with last night admitted that their update was the cause, they offer no help other than paying them to run System Restore, which a monkey could do.  That sounds like a plush business.  I can see someone saying,  "We broke your equipment; though, you will need to pay us to fix it.  Not to mention, the fix will be sub-par and not back to the state before we broke it."

Win7 Home Premium 64bit
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 08:06:07 pm by TS »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot install your program due to error
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 08:39:02 am »
Download my portable version instead. Just make sure to extract all the files out of the zip file before you run it of course.

Then make sure to have it do a registry backup first, then run all the repairs :-)

Shane