Author Topic: desktop icons damaged  (Read 4891 times)

Offline theovincken

• View Profile
desktop icons damaged
« on: December 19, 2013, 09:09:41 am »
Today I used windows-repair for the first time and I am impressed how the program worked. I was using the program because I have many times start up problems with my windows 7 laptop. I don't know if the program improved my computer because I just did the repair so I have to wait to see if my computer is better. But there is one thing that I don't like so much. I have 37 shortcut icons on my desktop and 9 of them are changed and look much worse than before. Some of them are white and others are white with a picture. I wonder if more people have this problem and if it is possible to improve it in the program?

Theo Vincken

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: desktop icons damaged
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 12:47:43 pm »
I haven't seen it caused from my program before. There is only one repair that touches the icons and that is the repair icons repair. All it does is deletes the icon cache file in Windows and when you reboot Windows rebuilds it.

It is possible Windows simply hasnt rebuilt it correctly, you could try the repair icons repair again and reboot or if you like I can tell you the manual way to do it as well :-)

Shane