Author Topic: D-Link wifi Router DIR-300  (Read 6234 times)

Offline maverick_GE

• View Profile
D-Link wifi Router DIR-300
« on: February 05, 2014, 03:53:16 am »
Hello shane,

I have above mentioned router and i have such trouble:

with my laptop i have not trouble to access on internet but with my android and another laptop does not see my wifi, before it was ok i was using it also with my android and friends laptop and also ipad without any trouble.

can u help me what is problem?

thanks in advanced

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: D-Link wifi Router DIR-300
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 09:48:46 am »
I had a netgear router that every device in the house worked fine with, but 2 out of 5 android devices didnt. I did a full factory reset and they started working but only for a month before they stopped. They would connect to the wireless but couldn't go any where online. Turned out to be a hardware problem with the way the wireless was done. Older wireless devices worked fine, newer had trouble.

Put in a new tp-link router and so far every single device in the house works fine.

First thing to do is to unplug the power on the router and wait 30 sec and plug it back in. Just like every single router I have ever worked with, they need rebooted every now and then. Such as the router not handing out IPs any more. A reboot fixes it. They are little computers after all.

Then if after a reboot it still isnt working then check for a firmware update for the router. A lot of times they fix bugs that have to do with new devices connecting to the wireless. :wink:

Shane

Offline maverick_GE

• View Profile
Re: D-Link wifi Router DIR-300
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 10:32:06 pm »
thanks for support Shane. i will check.