Author Topic: DESKTOP windows MANAGER WILL NOT work  (Read 5254 times)

Offline CORVETTEGAL

• View Profile
DESKTOP windows MANAGER WILL NOT work
« on: March 23, 2014, 04:26:01 pm »
My first post.  Microsoft level 2 technical remote support introduced me to your program. That was very impressive to me...congratulations!
 He ran it several times, over a three day period, using remote support and I ran it again today, Sunday.
  We still have not been able to correct my registry.  Windows desktop manager,
troubleshooters for all items will not work, and HP says they cannot re-install my newer printer due to operating system problems.
They believe if the registry is corrected my previously printer will work again.... my laptop still works remotely to that printer.

This has been a difficult situation.  I also tried REIMAGE to restore the registry, and even with their tech remote support it did not work..
so it is JUST NOT your program.  Do you have any suggestions prior to my starting to re-install windows 7, HOME edition 64 bit?

I have been down for a week, and it is TAX SEASON.. thanks for any help.
Karen

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: DESKTOP windows MANAGER WILL NOT work
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 12:28:12 pm »
Well there is a LOT of things we can try. But at the same time if you are in a hurry then a middle route might be better.

A repair install instead of a fresh install. This way you keep all your programs and settings while Windows gets reinstalled. Doesnt always work but has a pretty good success rate without needing to do a full reinstall.

First you need a Windows 7 SP1 disk, which you can grab here
https://sites.google.com/site/linuxlablibrary/windows-iso

Then just follow this
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

However is you dont want to or are unable to do that we can try digging in and find out whats going on. Such as creating a new user account on Windows and seeing if the problem is on that account as well. That little trick will tell you if the problem is in the registry for the whole machine or just in the registry for that one user account. :wink:

Shane