Author Topic: Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro Ideas.  (Read 31415 times)

Offline PeterD1966

• View Profile
Re: Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro Ideas.
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2016, 08:02:40 am »
Hi all,

Windows XP SP3 ..
OLD Computer - NOT Pentium 3 -
2 GB of ram 

Sorry about posting posting here ! - But I thought I would go straight  to the developer  :smiley:

Now the problem might or might not exist ? ( as I'm using Windows Repair to fix my computer ) so... I just leave a brief description of what happened here and hopefully somebody will clarify or explain what if anything is wrong ..

I downloaded the latest version ( March 2016) of Windows Repair - opted for the remove option and put it on a USB Stick.
I already had a copy of Tweeting.com windows repair from about 2014 on my Computer ..I cant remember which version because of ( See Below )
I started last night to do a repair .. ran from the USB ..OK .. I started at the very beginning - even save a registry backup up --  there was one on my computer already !  new one saved with -  date  *.* NICE ..
After noticing that Window Repair - would be better ran in SAFE MODE - I clicked the option within the program and my computer  booted into XP safe mode .
All well and good so far - But then I found out that I couldn't get Windows Repair to run from my USB Stick !! - In XP there was no option in MY COMPUTER - only A: C: but no usb ports !
So I decided to run the Program ( Tweaking Windows Repair ) which I had on my C: from 2014 !
Started OK - ( from within SAFE MODE ) - but got the Dialogue Box  - (" new version available " ) - so I downloaded and installed IT !
Went back to START - ALL PROGRAMS - TWEAKING - and now I noticed that their were two programs Window Repair - one, if i remember right was Windows Repair ( something in brackets) . Anyways tried clicking on program to RUN -
But nothing !!! - It would not run !! either the OLD or the NEW !!
So I decided to uninstall ! - their were two uninstall options, one each for the OLD (something in Brackets) and the NEW.
I decided to uninstall the NEW ( just downloaded program) !
BUT - when I went back through _ START -  ALL PROGRAMS - the Tweaking Folder was gone !!..

Again I'm sorry for posting this HERE !! - you have permission to move It !  .

I'm hoping Tweaking.COM - Windows Repair..will fix my Computer.. I'm just worried about running it  from a USB in full Windows XP Mode and not SAFE MODE ?? - is there a work around for usb ?

Hope to hear from somebody soon- Keep up the good work .

Best Regards,

Peter Donoghue

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro Ideas.
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2016, 04:58:57 pm »
It's possible that your 2014 version was too old for the new version to install on top of as it is now a different build.

Download FreeFixer and have it scan your system then scroll down and check the boxes for anything Tweaking.com related then hit the Fix button.

A reboot after won't hurt and then download Windows Repair onto your computer.

http://www.freefixer.com/