Author Topic: Tweak website  (Read 5282 times)

Offline doggus

• View Profile
Tweak website
« on: March 30, 2014, 08:08:43 pm »
Captcha is ridiculously difficult. Captcha sound does NOT work. Registering is EXTREMELY slow. Website crashed Firefox.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Tweak website
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 11:50:57 am »
Captcha is ridiculously difficult

That is random and you only have to do it once to get registered to the forums and now you will see you wont have to deal with it any more. I have to stop the spam bots somehow. So where it might be hard one time it may not be the next time if you refresh the page. It is done randomly and automatically. But you got through it since you where able to post and yell at me about it LOL :wink:

Registering is EXTREMELY slow. Website crashed Firefox.

All I use is firefox and never once had it crash on the forums or website, and the speed has been fine. Add ons in firefox will cause firefox to crash, and can even slow down sites as depending on the add on it could be reading and doing something with the pages. I have had several of my customers who ended up with add ons in firefox that where adding advertisements to web pages.

In firefox go to tools and add-ons. On the left under both extensions and then plugins remove any and all add ons you dont need or know what they are. You will find firefox will be a lot faster and stable after that :-)

Shane