Author Topic: Tweaking AIO vs 2.7.0 [SOLVED]  (Read 6133 times)

Offline pamws

• View Profile
Tweaking AIO vs 2.7.0 [SOLVED]
« on: April 29, 2014, 02:58:52 pm »
I used tweaking aio a number of times before with no problem on several computers.  Today I tried 2.7.0.  Now, when I hit the Start button instead of seeing My Computer it is a bunch of other characters... but the link still works so I can see the disk drives and other things.  I tried to restore the registry but didn't because I get the warning that it isn't the same computer name... which it is. So I'm not sure if I have a real problem, if I can restore the registry and/or restore point or if that will give me more problems.  I am using a Dell M6800 Precision laptop with Win 7 Pro.  Any help on this?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:07:51 pm by pamws »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Tweaking AIO vs 2.7.0
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 03:05:25 pm »
Redownload the program. In the policies repair there was a regkey that put the info for the my computer name but it wasnt for XP. I forgot I had added it in there. So I remove that and got a updated setup uploaded.

Here is the regkey to fix that for you :-)

I attached a reg file.

But yes you can restore the registry, give me a screen shot of the RB giving the message that the computer name isnt the same.

You can also just restore the registry and then make sure to grab the updated setup file from my site and run the repairs again :-)

Shane

Offline pamws

• View Profile
Re: Tweaking AIO vs 2.7.0 [SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 04:09:48 pm »
Thanks, everything is good now.  re-ran AIO and it worked like a charm!  Attached the RB msg for you.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Tweaking AIO vs 2.7.0 [SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 04:13:27 pm »
Yes that is safe to restore :-)

Sorry about the bad file being in the program! I was testing the huge reg cleanup file that I got out of combofix.exe. I wanted to see what it does and I didnt realize I had it in the setup folder for the program. Those regkeys in there where a bad idea lol

So that bad version was online for about an hour before I got the updated setup out.

As for the message from RB. If you look about the list you will see what it shows for the current computer name. It uses WMI to pull the Windows OS info so when you opened it again WMI didnt give that info back. Hopefully that is fixed now for you as well :-)

Shane