Author Topic: Tweak did not fix problem  (Read 6664 times)

Offline Benny

• View Profile
Tweak did not fix problem
« on: May 08, 2014, 07:28:45 am »
I did a tweak.com downmload, runned the program and it is still running after 10 hours, it has beening running 35 out of 38 and it looks like it is running but not moving from 25. My network went down 2 days ago, no internet, no connection to existing network, system restore dont work, security dont want to open, firewall dont want to open and no sound. System restore is also not working. I am using another computer to email you.
WINDOWS 7 PRO

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Tweak did not fix problem
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 04:54:36 pm »
tweaking.com not tweak.com  :wink:

What is the name of the repair that it is currently on?

You said that it went down two days ago, what tools have you ran to scan it for infections? Have you tried combofix.exe on it yet? (Before the repairs)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/dl/12/

Shane

Offline Benny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 02:27:10 am »
Thank you Shane, I will try to download combo fix
Not my week with computers. The administrator of our network, we are a ministry, left the country 2 days ago and made me the administrator. Then the next day I use the main computer , shut it down and up till now, the firewall dont work, no system restore, no sound coming out of it and my main problem is that the network and internet is down. It does not give me the option to restore it when I go to a network or all the options in control panel. The icons (i think its called that), where you have the computer name and the earth ball that shows 'internet is connected or not connected is gone. It says unknown, nothing else.

I did a full scan, a boot scan and then tweak.com
Nothing changed. Now I have the computer where I am administrator offline and this one where I am taling to you where I can download comboFix will not download because I am not the administrator here. Gosh, I will try to work out something and tell you if it worked.

I volunteer in reaching out to people in a different way, I just want to tell you that I appreciate your passion to help people. I am from South Africa, reaching out to prisoners, youth and those living in poverty -Volunteer but full time. Many people needs services like this because here in the rural parts of The Western Cape, there are not many who can spare any money for fixing a computer. some hardly survive with the basic of living.

Thank you

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 03:26:47 pm »
I volunteer in reaching out to people in a different way, I just want to tell you that I appreciate your passion to help people. I am from South Africa, reaching out to prisoners, youth and those living in poverty -Volunteer but full time. Many people needs services like this because here in the rural parts of The Western Cape, there are not many who can spare any money for fixing a computer. some hardly survive with the basic of living.

Helping others is always a great way to live :-)

As for combofix, download the program on another computer, put the file onto a thumb drive and then take it over to the machine and run it :-)

Shane