Author Topic: open network and sharing center & windows security not opening in windows 7 .  (Read 6756 times)

Offline tlolu

• View Profile
Good day,

Open network and sharing center & windows security not opening in windows 7 .

I have tried to access the  '' open network and sharing center'' from the control panel and also by right clicking the wireless network icon that gives the option either trouble shoot or '' open network and sharing center'' .

In the same vein ,windows security is not opening too.

I downloaded your tool (windows repair v2.7.2(Windows 7 Ultimate v 6.1 32-bit) and followed all the steps itemized .

Please what can I do to resolve this issue .

OPERATING SYSTEM DETAILS

=============================================================================================

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.130318-1532)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
       System Model: HP Pavilion dv4 Notebook PC
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T5800  @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
             Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1978MB RAM
          Page File: 2127MB used, 1830MB available

============================================================================================

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Those both depend on WMI and also the COM+ on the system. If either are not working then those wont open.

When you ran my Windows Repair did you make sure to run all the repairs?

And lets check if COM+ is working, go to the control panel and open administrator tools.

In side there open "Component Services"

Then go to it like I have in the screen shot here and let me know if you get any errors :-)

Shane

Offline tlolu

• View Profile
Hi Shane,

Thanks for your response .

Please see the screen shot attached .

Please kindly itemize all the actions that I need to take and the what if's i.e if i noticed a particular error ,i should carry out some  particular set of  actions to save time . :tongue:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
OK so that is the problem right there. COM+ is corrupted on your system and thus anything that uses COM+ will break as well. So that is why you have some many problems, they all stem from this one.

Sometimes when this happens the only way to fix it is with a repair install of Windows.

But sometimes you can fix it without the repair install, but it takes some work.

Try these
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/asiatech/archive/2010/02/22/how-to-troubleshoot-the-red-arrow-issue-in-component-services.aspx
and
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/asiatech/archive/2011/01/18/how-to-troubleshoot-the-red-arrow-issue-in-component-services-ii.aspx

If that doesnt do the trick then I can give you the links on how to do a repair install, which will keep all your programs and files :-)

Shane