Author Topic: Questions about the Add-on creator  (Read 14588 times)

Offline umpio

• View Profile
Questions about the Add-on creator
« on: March 18, 2012, 10:21:46 am »
I know that you are making the new videos and all but I couldn't wait so I'll ask some questions that I have about creating add-ons.  :cheesy:

There is the [if] statement, Is there [and]? I don't know right now where could it be used or needed but I'm thinking something like this:
[if] |||radio1||| = true [and] |||check1||| = 0 [then]
the code
[end if]

second question is can we use multiple [if] like this way
[if] |||check1||| = 1
[if] |||check2||| = 1 [then]
the code
[end if]

Or maybe this way:
[if] |||check1||| = 1 [then]
some of the code
[if] |||check2||| = 1 [then]
rest of the code
[end if]
[end if]

Third can we use something like this to compare drives to see what drive user selected? Again no idea where would I need it, just asking.
[if] |||drive1||| = "C:"[then]
code
[end if]

Last question is about dword values in some registry keys. I have a "MaximumTransferLength" which value can be set from dword:00065535 to dword:02097120

Is there any way to use a text box for it like this, so user could set it also manually:
"MaximumTransferLength"=dword:|||text1|||

The problem as I think are the zeros at the beginning if I tell the user to set value from 65535 to 2097120.

Or will it accept it just as this way:
"MaximumTransferLength"=|||text1|||

I think this is all for now  :wink:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about the Add-on creator
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 11:27:30 am »
There is the [if] statement, Is there [and]? I don't know right now where could it be used or needed but I'm thinking something like this:
[if] |||radio1||| = true [and] |||check1||| = 0 [then]
the code
[end if]

Right now there isnt. This is the first time I have made a scripting that I let others use. So I am not 100% yet on how to handle multiple if then statements like I do in VB.

Reason for this is in a vbs or bat file you can have if statements, so I put mine in brackets to help tell them apart. I plan on building more on this as time goes on.

Right now what ever if statement is triggered everything else is removed and only the code in the if then is ran. VERY basic but works. I will make it better down the road though.

Last question is about dword values in some registry keys. I have a "MaximumTransferLength" which value can be set from dword:00065535 to dword:02097120

Is there any way to use a text box for it like this, so user could set it also manually:
"MaximumTransferLength"=dword:|||text1|||

In the program I have a lot of variables you can use and I think I even have a commend to convert to dword. I cant remeber if I finished it yet. Been a month since I looked at the code (Waiting for feedback and bug reports, there was no bug reports). But now that it is out of beta I am ripping through it again  :cheesy:

Shane

Offline umpio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 01:22:40 pm »
I think as of now every tweak can be done without them. I was just curious to ask.

But those variables sounds really interesting, can't wait when you finish a proper documentation for them, but no need to hurry. it's done when it's done. :)

P.S. small possible "bug" report I tried to install the new version and noticed that I have "AdvSysTweak.exe" still running. the installer prompted me of this. I think it's because of I didn't reboot after using it? But I closed it and the installer ran fine.

I like the new update. especially of the new amount of the tweaks! :D And the browse button seems to work now! I'll try to finish the placesbar addon, later.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 03:40:24 pm »
I have 800 more tweaks waiting. Will release a 100 every Sunday till they are all done :-)

Shane

Offline umpio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 01:39:31 pm »
Keep it well organized so users can easily find what tweaks they want to use. Browsing trough all the 1000 tweaks just to find one would be too difficult. Example if the user couldn't remember some tweak's name.

Also the new "Tweaks have been run" counter doubles if I use the "reload add-ons" function. The number of enabled tweaks sums again to the total.

One other "bug" that I encountered was in the addon creator when I opened a drive list and while it was opened I tried  to drag it around using the blue square. It immediately disappeared somewhere really far away :D When I tried to do the same again it also crashed the add-on creator.

Edit: The counter seems to reset after starting the program again. So no problem with that.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 01:50:45 pm by umpio »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 01:50:37 pm »
Keep it well organized so users can easily find what tweaks they want to use. Browsing trough all the 1000 tweaks just to find one would be too difficult. Example if the user couldn't remember some tweak's name.

Have everything under sub folders :-)

Also the new "Tweaks have been run" counter doubles if I use the "reload add-ons" function. The number of enabled tweaks sums again to the total.

Thanks. Just fixed it. I have the ran tweaks in a listbox. When reloading the list the lisbox wasnt being cleared. A simple list.clear fixed that little bug :-)

One other "bug" that I encountered was in the addon creator when I opened a drive list and while it was opened I tried  to drag it around using the blue square. It immediately disappeared somewhere really far away :D When I tried to do the same again it also crashed the add-on creator.

I just tried and didnt happen to me. I can fix any bug as long as I can reproduce it. Can you save the tweak your working on and email it to me, then I can try with it. Perhaps there is something about it triggering a bug :wink:

Shane

Offline umpio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 02:01:58 pm »
I tried it with new drive list and I doesn't happen me either.. It only jumps small step. But here is the tweak code with the drive list which triggers it for me.

Code: [Select]
[create_controls_start]
drivebox(drive1|1833|2078|1593)
radio(radio5|1788|1638|1833|398|False|Drive selection:)
[create_controls_end]

[version_start]1.0.0[version_end]

[author_start][author_end]

[authorcontact_start][authorcontact_end]

[authorwebsite_start][authorwebsite_end]

[os_start][os_end]

[description_start][description_end]

[reg_start][reg_end]

[commands_start][commands_end]

[script_start][script_end]

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 02:06:20 pm »
Not happening to me either. Only thing that did happen is if the drive list is clicked and show the drives and then you try to move it, it jumps a little to the left.

Shane

Offline umpio

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 02:17:56 pm »
Ah.. it seems to only happen when I try to drag it with the part of the blue square which is under the "Drive selection" label. Might be bit too rare to happen, though. But can you reproduce it?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 02:19:34 pm »
Tried multiple times, I cant reproduce it.

Shane

Offline umpio

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 02:25:29 pm »
Weird.. It happens also if I let the drive list open and then if I try to select other label/button.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 02:26:38 pm »
Bingo, got it to happen.

Let me see what I can do :wink:

Shane

Offline umpio

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 02:30:37 pm »
It only happens if the list is open so maybe disallow to open it while in add-on creator as it isn't needed there.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 02:31:18 pm »
True. Maybe just disabling it would do it.

Working on it now. :cheesy:

Shane

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 02:35:22 pm »
Ok looks like it is fixed and you can test it come Sunday.

I have it disable the drive box when you click it then reenable it after. This keeps it from showing the drop down :wink:

Shane