Author Topic: Win7: Genuine VS. Not Genuine  (Read 7002 times)

Offline bonbonboi

• View Profile
    • FOX | Computer Services | Jordan
Win7: Genuine VS. Not Genuine
« on: July 16, 2014, 02:09:30 am »
I am just curios to know, is it all about the updates or there is something else ?  :sarcastic:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Win7: Genuine VS. Not Genuine
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 12:18:45 pm »
Normally that will pop up if someone has used a activation bypass or something with activation is corrupt in Windows, such as the files that do with activating have been corrupted or changed, or a key code is blocked.

I have had people complain that their windows would say it is not activated after running my Windows Repair and every single one of them was using a activation bypass hack. The hack they where using added Microsoft to the hosts file to block the activation and of course my repair restores the original hosts file. So wasn't a bug or problem but it was just the repairs doing their job.

So as for this one that you posted, if you where using a activation hack then you will either need to use a good key or reapply the hack (If MS didnt block that method yet, they do block ones they find) or some files on the system are messed up and if so run sfc /scannow

Shane

Offline bonbonboi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 12:24:16 pm »
You didn't get my question, I was not talking  about the activation, I am saying that if someone didn't activate the windows then there will be no updates, right ?  is that's all or there is other things!  :thinking:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 12:28:46 pm »
Far as I know just windows updates and any extra programs from the Microsoft site. Normally anything extra to add to the system is blocked. :wink:

Shane

Offline bonbonboi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 12:42:47 pm »
Far as I know just windows updates and any extra programs from the Microsoft site. Normally anything extra to add to the system is blocked. :wink:

Shane

So, just no updates and no stuff  from the Microsoft site. It's not that big deal  since there are a lot of tools for offline updates, still the user running their OS and paying nothing for Microsoft . any way  it's better if Microsoft  wiped off the hdd after those 30 days  :tongue: