Author Topic: Windows Media Player issue *** RESOLVED***  (Read 22841 times)

Offline penkaye

• View Profile
Re: Windows Media Player issue *** RESOLVED***
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 09:27:17 am »
yes i did it already and i repeated it today.  but before doing that, i made these sequence..
ran sfc scannow as admin on safe mode, i ran regsvr32 wmp.dll, regsvr32 jscript.dll and  regsvr32 vbscript.dll and lastly,
i went to turn windows feature on and off.  i uncheck wmp and restarted the system.  after restarted the system, i enable it again then restarted the system.  finally i resolved the issue. 

so i am not sure if you have to do this on sequence because, when i did these steps one by one, it didnt fix the issue.   

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2014, 10:00:45 am »
Perhaps Shane may have an answer on that, but glad that you've finally got it fixed.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2014, 03:00:54 pm »
i never use media player classic.  I didn't include mp classic on installing k lite.  like i told you, i only want windows media player as my default player for nay video files.

I only wanted you to use it as a test, would have told me if the problem was the windows media player or something on the system.

ran sfc scannow as admin on safe mode, i ran regsvr32 wmp.dll, regsvr32 jscript.dll and  regsvr32 vbscript.dll and lastly,

The jscript and vbscript are already in the register system files repair, the wmp.dll isnt, I will see baout adding that one if it supports the regsvr32 command :-)

i went to turn windows feature on and off.  i uncheck wmp and restarted the system.  after restarted the system, i enable it again then restarted the system.  finally i resolved the issue. 

When you did that the windows media player put back all the files it needed and also updated the registry with what it needed as well, so that most likly did the trick :-)

Shane

Offline penkaye

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 08:18:58 pm »
you were right!  and i hope, you will include also this fix on tweaking.com  :smiley:
anyways, guys.. thanks a lot for all your tricks! 

this will show our friends that you can do something to fix a certain issue without doing osri.  osri will always be the last resolution.     :wink: