Author Topic: Windows Repair (All in One)  (Read 5367 times)

Offline plox

• View Profile
Windows Repair (All in One)
« on: July 30, 2014, 02:09:37 am »
Hi

Been using Windows Repair for ages and it has saved me many times to restore my  XP computer after malware  attacks and other problems.

I do have a query regarding the restoration of Services.

I have ports 137, 138.139, 1900, 2869.445 blocked as a security measure since someone hijacked my computer and caused me heaps of trouble - still not sure if it safe - and I notice that those services are restored in the registry after doing a repair.

I use Windows Worms Doors Cleaner to disable those services as well blocking the ports with my firewall.

Is it possible to have an option to have those services disabled as part of a security considerations in Windows Repair (All in One) and Set Windows Services To Default Startup?

Thanks and also many thanks for great programs that have proven to be life savers. much appreciated.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Repair (All in One)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 11:45:01 am »
You can modify the files in the files folder to change the service list startup. But if you are behind a router then you dont really need to block those. A router is a hardware based firewall. The reason why it works on keeping you safe and why you need to do port forwarding to allow someone in is explained on my page here (It is a short read)
http://www.pcwintech.com/what-port-forwarding-nutshell

But, if for some reason you are not behind a firewall and wide open to the internet then you will want a good firewall program, if you are behind a router then you will be find as long as you dont have those ports forwarded to the system.

But the point of the Windows Repair is to fix and restore things in Windows, so any custom things or settings to the system will sometimes need to be reapplied. :wink:

Shane