Author Topic: 2502/2503 problem not solved by Tweaker tool  (Read 5429 times)

Offline piggynuts

• View Profile
2502/2503 problem not solved by Tweaker tool
« on: August 06, 2014, 09:09:57 pm »
Hey again, thanks again for the amazing tool.  I ran into an issue today with MSI files on Windows 8 not installing, getting error 2502/2503.  I ran Tweaker all in one with AV disabled and checked all boxes and rebooted, and incurred same issue.  After rebooting I ran through different forums and ran a few fixes and the fix turned out to be just running the file as admin.  It's happening with all MSI files on my PC. 

http://www.fixkb.com/2014/01/error-2503-and-2502-when-uninstalling-on-windows-8.html

Thought that this would be an easy fix to add into the AIO tool.

Thanks !   :tongue:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: 2502/2503 problem not solved by Tweaker tool
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 08:05:27 pm »
Cant really add that to the windows repair as that pages says to uninstall the program that is giving the problem and then kill explorer and try it again.

Windows should have asked you to run it as administrator, the thing is in Windows 8, if you turned the UAC off, it isnt really off. It is simply on silent mode, so windows wont ask you, but the UAC is still on and still blocking things. You have to turn the UAC fully off by a registry tweak, but then the app store wont work. Good ol MS.

So if you have the USC turned all the way down and you dont want to fully disable it then you are better off raising it up back to where it was so at least it will ask you :wink:

I myself dont use the app store, so I used the registry tweak to totally disable the UAC :-)

Shane

Offline piggynuts

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 12:45:22 am »
Good info, you're like an encylopedia! That is quite silly if they're trying to get people to migrate to the windows 8 GUI, then force UAC on them.... I wonder how many people bought macs because someone on their PC disabled UAC then they couldn't figure out how to install a program after that... I have stock in Microsoft, very disappointing.   

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 12:28:50 pm »
Yeah it surprised a lot of people because in vista and 7, when you turned it off, it was off. but because they force the UAC to be running for the app store they simply dont let people turn it off any more easily.

There is a reason windows 8 is doing worse than vista did in terms of adoption rate. Lets see if Windows 9 can recover them. (Just like everyone said about vista and MS better hope 7 is better, which it all turned out well)

Shane