Author Topic: Firefox blank video window  (Read 13320 times)

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
Firefox blank video window
« on: August 16, 2014, 12:08:45 pm »
I have problems with the Firefox browser a long time ago and still I am suffering from ill Firefox browser with video sites such as YouTube and other video sites, so Firefox kill Ay YouTube video and play the audio only! And sometimes Firefox is unable even to play a video or audio, which is given a blank window of the video and in black!

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Firefox blank video window
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 01:16:22 pm »
Give Anvi Browser Repair Tool a go - you will see that one of its fixes for FF is Flash Player blocks when you click on the icon for FF in the left pane http://www.anvisoft.com/browser-repair-tool.html

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 02:43:20 am »
Hi, Ghot,
                Did you update adobe flash player and active x. Then probably you will solve your problem. If the adobe player is not update, then this problem may occur.
               The link for adobe link is
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html
                       Try this. Ghot, some solution which work on my computer is not working for you.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 10:01:35 am »
Give Anvi Browser Repair Tool a go - you will see that one of its fixes for FF is Flash Player blocks when you click on the icon for FF in the left pane http://www.anvisoft.com/browser-repair-tool.html

damn , this Anvi Browser Repair Tool have fixed most internet explorer 8 problems that i have  :smiley: but unable to fix most firefox & google chrome problems !

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 10:04:50 am »
Hi, Ghot,
                Did you update adobe flash player and active x. Then probably you will solve your problem. If the adobe player is not update, then this problem may occur.
               The link for adobe link is
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html
                       Try this. Ghot, some solution which work on my computer is not working for you.

I've already done Removal of Flash Player and Java and some other software from my system! So I got the latest versions of all these programs, but I still am having the same problem!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 02:54:44 pm »
Firefox itself cant play the videos on you tube, they are all flash player videos. So firefox needs flash and the flash add on does the playing.

It is possible some settings in firefox have got messed up in the adbout:config section.

Have you tried using a new profile in firefox so that it starts fresh and with the default settings?

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 02:10:11 am »
That's right, I've had to remove all of the Firefox browser and Flash Player and Java
Since I have to remove all of the software mentioned above I believe that the settings of Firefox will be normal (default settings + full settings.)
I was used a new profile before removing Firefox but now I do not know if it has been removed, "New Profile" from Firefox So what I can do now?  :wink:

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 04:33:31 am »
Hi, Ghot,
                  Do you have the latest active x. I gave that link specifically to update the active x plugin of adobe. This is not available in the general  download.
                    Try to reset firefox. It will solve most of the problems, as firefox fix itself says. I think you know how to reset firefox. It will auto update, if you click  about firefox menu in the Help field.
                        Adobe flash player's latest plugin have been updated regularly so also active x. This is shown as two items in the Avast Softfare updator tool in the avast free version.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 09:48:11 am »
Did you make sure to go and delete your old profile though? It is stored in 2 locations. AppData\Local and AppData\Roaming under your windows profeil and in both those folders you will see a Mozilla folder. That is where you profiles are kept and they stay even if you uninstall firefox. You have to delete those.

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 11:07:59 am »
Hi, Ghot,
                  Do you have the latest active x. I gave that link specifically to update the active x plugin of adobe. This is not available in the general  download.
                    Try to reset firefox. It will solve most of the problems, as firefox fix itself says. I think you know how to reset firefox. It will auto update, if you click  about firefox menu in the Help field.
                        Adobe flash player's latest plugin have been updated regularly so also active x. This is shown as two items in the Avast Softfare updator tool in the avast free version.

hi jraju

yep I think that I have latest active x , and reset Firefox 'to factory settings fix most of the problems but after a day will get the same problem! And still get the problem repeatedly and over again. So should do I reset Firefox every time?

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 11:10:18 am »
Did you make sure to go and delete your old profile though? It is stored in 2 locations. AppData\Local and AppData\Roaming under your windows profeil and in both those folders you will see a Mozilla folder. That is where you profiles are kept and they stay even if you uninstall firefox. You have to delete those.

Shane

no, I just knew this and I am working on this now and will come back to you!  :tongue: :cheesy:

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 05:00:21 am »
Hi, Ghot,
                  Why not you uninstall and reinstall the firefox latest version. You can even delete your privacy settings and this could take a few minutes to install some useful add on. I think, you can even save your bookmarks as html . I have done so some time back.

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 09:59:34 am »
Hi, Ghot,
                  Why not you uninstall and reinstall the firefox latest version. You can even delete your privacy settings and this could take a few minutes to install some useful add on. I think, you can even save your bookmarks as html . I have done so some time back.

hi  :smiley:

see my post #4 http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/topic,2313.msg15100.html#msg15100  :wink:

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 06:28:09 pm »
Hi, Ghot You might have updated the latest version of active x and adobe flash. But this pluggin should be done thro fire fox to enable this. The plugin is shockwave flash of the same adobe version will get installed. this is the needed plugin for firefox to play the flash.
            To explain further,ctiveX is part of the Windows operating system. Plus the ActiveX version of Adobe Flash is for Internet Explorer. Other browsers need their own version of Flash' Firefox needs the Plugin version of Flash.
                 Try it and your problem may get solved

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2014, 07:04:09 pm »
thank Shane and jraju i got my firefox problem fixed by formatted my pc a day ago but Shane could you make A utility to do a clean install of browsers !  :wink: this my feedback for you and all great tweaking products :*) tank yo   :shy:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 04:10:13 am »
Given the number of threads you have open, could you mark those as Solved which the reformat has fixed and then we'll know that it's job done for those.