Author Topic: In which cases Tweaking Registry Backup fails  (Read 6954 times)

Offline Clade

• View Profile
In which cases Tweaking Registry Backup fails
« on: August 22, 2014, 06:41:02 am »
Good day!

New here on this forum. . . and not much knowledge on Windows OS. . .

doubt:

In which case (s) in which Tweaking registry backup fails to repair the Windows registry, if even this was not the boot, it pastes have access to the OS?

Thank you very much!

clade

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: In which cases Tweaking Registry Backup fails
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 12:13:44 pm »
In which case (s) in which Tweaking registry backup fails to repair the Windows registry, if even this was not the boot, it pastes have access to the OS?

Tweaking.com - Registry backup doesnt repair the registry, it just backups (Makes a copy) of the registry.

Also if you do a registry backup and down the road you cant get into windows and you want to restore one of the backups, I made a few videos showing different ways you can do that :wink:
http://www.tweaking.com/articles/pages/tweaking_com_registry_backup_online_help,3.html

Shane

Offline Clade

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 07:16:11 pm »

Tweaking.com - Registry backup doesnt repair the registry, it just backups (Makes a copy) of the registry.

Also if you do a registry backup and down the road you cant get into windows and you want to restore one of the backups, I made a few videos showing different ways you can do that :wink:
http://www.tweaking.com/articles/pages/tweaking_com_registry_backup_online_help,3.html

Shane

Sorry Shane!

I was wrong when formulating the question. . .

Tweaking registry backup does not fix the record, it retrieves the record (copy of the record at the time of backup).

My intention is to know how to use it in those cases where the equipment does not boot, but have access to files, folders in the OS, but you can not make a recovery record in the usual way.

In such cases:
Able to access the files and folders + with Tweaking Registry Backup + restore backup = probably all equipment would be functional, which is very interesting.

I will look carefully to your video tutorials as reported above for use in cases that get quoted.

As picture attached, the backup completed successfully, but the volume shadow copy running and volume shadow copy ready, appears as "in" yellow. . . Shadow copy service is listed as started and automatic.

Thank you for attention!

Clade

Offline Clade

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 02:51:07 am »
This video, produced very well and succinctly answer my questions raised in this post. .  .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q08BfT1PFw

Great software. .  .congratulations for this!

Thank you Shane

Clade

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 11:02:43 am »
Glad you got the answer you needed :-)

The backup program will use the Windows APi to backup the registry if the volume shadow copy service fails. Thats why you seen that the vss didnt start, something is wrong with it. but the registry still got backed up since the program used its fallback method :wink:

Shane