Author Topic: 0x80070002 and MSOE.DLL problem.  (Read 12859 times)

Offline scooby

• View Profile
0x80070002 and MSOE.DLL problem.
« on: August 25, 2014, 06:35:05 am »
Hi. I have been advised to register and come on here and ask for help with a problem. My advice came from Cantrel on the Webuser Forum and he says that Shane will probably be able to help me. I originally had a problem with a re-boot on my pc and although I can now achieve that I can't get into my Windows Mail program. Everything else appears to be working fine. The problem is that when I click on my email program I get the following : followed by this : I am running Vista Home Premium with 2Gb of memory and 185 Gb of HDD space. The full saga can be read here : http://forum.webuser.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131010 I have my pc running quite well now apart from this email problem although it does take about 10 minutes to boot and has been like that for a couple of months now. I think that may be a BIOS problem and I am resigned to buying a new pc but in the meantime I really would like to get to my emails. Some are very important to me.

Thanks for any help that anyone can give me.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 08:38:25 am by scooby »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: 0x80070002 and MSOE.DLL problem.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 11:28:49 am »
I will see what I can do  :cheesy:

So we are going to go through a check list of things, which you may have already done but what I want to do just so I know.

How much free space do you have on the drive?

Have you also checked to see if msoe.dll is on the system and if so have you tried to register it yet?

Have you ran my Windows Repair program?

Shane

Offline scooby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 01:26:21 pm »
I will see what I can do  :cheesy:

So we are going to go through a check list of things, which you may have already done but what I want to do just so I know.

How much free space do you have on the drive?

Have you also checked to see if msoe.dll is on the system and if so have you tried to register it yet?

Have you ran my Windows Repair program?

Shane

Hello Shane, and thank you for coming back to me on this problem.

The answers to your questions are that I have 185Gb of free space on my HDD which has a total capacity of 455Gb,

I have found msoe.dll. On my pc it is in C:/Program files/Windows Mail. Not sure what you mean by "have you registered it yet" My pc is about 7 years old and it came with Windows Mail and I have been using it as my main emailing program since that time. I also use Yahoo mail and Google mail for certain purposes and they are working fine.

No, I haven't used your Windows Repair program. I was unaware of that program until you mentiobned it in your email. If you wish me to use it could you give a link please and instructions if they are required ?

Many thanks again and kind regards - David.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 02:32:08 pm »
Ok lets give my Windows Repair a try. While none of the repairs target the windows mail, some of the repairs can help, such as permissions and others.

Grab my program here
http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

You will see a direct download link right below the mirrors.

It is always a good idea to do a clean boot before running the repairs. If you dont know how to do that you can read this :-)
http://www.tweaking.com/articles/pages/performing_a_proper_windows_clean_boot_on_xpvista78,1.html

Once installed (And you have done a clean boot) open the program and make sure to disable your antivirus so it doesn't get in the way of the repairs. Have the program do a registry backup in case anything goes wrong we can restore the registry. Then click on the start repairs tab and start the repairs. When the repairs open choose all the repairs and then start them.

Go have some coffee. The repairs on a normal speed system take about 15 to 20 min. On older slower systems it can take longer. Once done with the repairs make sure to reboot.

Once you come back up you can go through the clean boot process again to turn all the startup items back on. Then lets see if that helped us in any way :-)

Also Windows mail does get updated through windows updates, so after the repairs see if there is any windows updates for you to do, if there are some those might help as well.

Lets go from there :-)

Shane

Offline scooby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 03:37:05 pm »
Hi Shane and thanks for that. It is now 11.30pm in the U.K. and so I'll try your options tomorrow.
Thanks again - David.

Offline scooby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 12:52:59 pm »
Hi again Shane. My workload has become a bit manic here and so I haven't had chance to carry out your suggestions but I fully intend to do so when I have a little more time to concentrate on what I am doing. I will come back to you as soon as I have anything to report.

Kind regards - David.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 09:59:07 am »
No problem. I am leaving tomorrow (Friday the 29th) for 3 days. It is my 10 year wedding anniversary so I wont be back till monday, so I will reply then if you have by then as well :-)

Shane

Offline scooby

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 12:29:02 pm »
Thanks for ltting me know that Shane. And many congratulations to you and your Wife on reaching your 10th anniversary. Hope you have a great weekend. Take care and kind regards - David.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 09:26:09 pm »
Hi, Shane many more happy returns of the day. I wish you every success in all you to do yourself and mankind
In response with your Aug28th Post
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 03:57:55 pm »
It was a good trip :-)

So any update on this so far?

Shane

Offline scooby

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 12:33:26 pm »
Hello Shane.
I have an apology to make. I have not had time to attempt to repair my system and that is not good when considering all the help that you have given me. The truth is that I am a farmer and in the U.K. at the moment the weather is quite amazing. We are very busy because we haven't had any rain for 2 weeks and because it is a very busy time of the year anyway I have been working outside for long hours.

I did appreciate your help but work has to come first I'm afraid. Just thought I would let you know so you wouldn't think that I was a timewaster.

Kind regards - David.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 04:49:40 am »
A farmer taking interest in trouble shooting is interesting. Thanks . Try the tips and then give the feed back
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline scooby

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2014, 08:27:04 am »
A farmer taking interest in trouble shooting is interesting. Thanks . Try the tips and then give the feed back

I am 68 years young and I will not give in.   :smiley:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 12:05:48 pm »
Not a problem at all, just know that forum threads auto lock after 30 days of no new posts. Other than that take your time and get back to me when you are able :-)

Shane

Offline scooby

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 12:15:59 pm »
Not a problem at all, just know that forum threads auto lock after 30 days of no new posts. Other than that take your time and get back to me when you are able

Shane

Thank you Shane. I hope things will have quitened down a bit before then.