Author Topic: combofix Access is denied error  (Read 17754 times)

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
combofix Access is denied error
« on: October 01, 2014, 10:11:19 pm »
I have a strange problem yesterday with combofix and got error code while combofix is done a scan !

combofix & RogueKiller & adwcleaner and  all other tool’s won’t scan fast but it’s scan slowly ! lol

combofix take more then 20 to 30 min as the other tools take a Little of min !

Code: [Select]
/wow section - STAGE 6
Access is denied.
/wow section - STAGE 38
Access is denied.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 10:14:55 pm by Gamezertruth »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: combofix Access is denied error
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 04:54:18 am »
Did you disable the AV temporarily while running this combo fix? and on elevated command prompt?
                     If you have already done these, please see that some programs like rootkit is residing to prevent the use of combofix from scanning. I would rather suggest hitmanpro to run to find these  type of inherent hidden rootkits. If hitman pro is not a free program.
                                 Just download JRT by thisusu. It is effectively cleaning these rootkits. I think that the program is attacking the dns somehow, and also have registry entries to not allow combo fix. I will try to help you after these steps are attempted. 
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 05:23:22 am »
I have to temporarily disable anti-virus, but the problem still there and may be the reason is the drive of AntiVirus that plugged itself in network area so maybe should I completely remove the AntiVirus ?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 05:25:13 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 05:28:51 am »
Hi,
               You could temporarily disable the antivirus and then run this on elevated command.
There will be options in the settings to temporarily disable the AV. Particularly the real time protection is to be turned off while running this tool. Am I correct Shane?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 05:31:00 am by jraju »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 05:35:39 am »
Hi,
               You could temporarily disable the antivirus and then run this on elevated command.
There will be options in the settings to temporarily disable the AV. Particularly the real time protection is to be turned off while running this tool. Am I correct Shane?

I've had to disable all security features including real protection, however, the first time that I get this error of combofix

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 05:43:29 am »
hi, Did you try Thisusu JRT tools from Bleeping.com

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 05:47:29 am »
hi, Did you try Thisusu JRT tools from Bleeping.com

hi

yeah My system is clean  :wink:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 12:02:24 pm »
Never had that error with combofix before, but yeah, some AVs, even when you turn them off dont actually shut off like they are suppose to!

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 07:40:34 pm »
Hi, Gamez,
                     Your computer is clean. that means you have got rid off the issue. Why not tell how JRT fixed your problem so that it helps the others also. What is the file that prevented combo exe from working correctly. Which rootkit is responsible for this behaviour?

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 05:34:41 am »
Never had that error with combofix before, but yeah, some AVs, even when you turn them off dont actually shut off like they are suppose to!

Shane

yeah What should I do right now?

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 05:44:45 am »
Hi, Gamez,
                     Your computer is clean. that means you have got rid off the issue.

yup my pc is clean but no i still got that error anyway!

Hi, Gamez,
                      Why not tell how JRT fixed your problem so that it helps the others also. What is the file that prevented combo exe from working correctly. Which rootkit is responsible for this behaviour?

First, my computer is clean, which means that I have no infection/no rootkits thing yo there , however what are you talking about it is not a rootkit checker/scanner ? As in the previous post.! So I think that JRT tool is just a security tool to remove unwanted :O)

from JRT website
Junkware Removal Tool is a security utility that searches for and removes common adware, toolbars, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) from your computer

Just download JRT by thisusu. It is effectively cleaning these rootkits. I think that the program is attacking the dns somehow, and also have registry entries to not allow combo fix. I will try to help you after these steps are attempted.

:smiley:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 05:50:30 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 03:18:08 am »
Hi, Gamez There are so many programs which helps in finding unwanted third party programs which are doing negative things such as injecting PUP, rootkits, trojan etc etc.
                       Junk ware removal tool removes all those things that are unwanted and it is also being updated by thisusu. It works on command prompt and it removes anything not wanted in your computer, or suspicious in nature. Before prescribing this, i have tested on my computer, in which it has removed unwanted exe and folders and files of the log file which is enclosed.
                          Trying JRT does not involve any risk and it has to be allowed only to do its work. It environment would not prompt you or you could not do anything in the middle. This program does help in cleaning unwanted things.
                                   Is it a risky program Shane. I am using for 2 years occasionally whenever i suspect weird behaviour in my computer

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2014, 05:05:50 am »
Hi, Gamez There are so many programs which helps in finding unwanted third party programs which are doing negative things such as injecting PUP, rootkits, trojan etc etc.
                       Junk ware removal tool removes all those things that are unwanted and it is also being updated by thisusu. It works on command prompt and it removes anything not wanted in your computer, or suspicious in nature. Before prescribing this, i have tested on my computer, in which it has removed unwanted exe and folders and files of the log file which is enclosed.
                          Trying JRT does not involve any risk and it has to be allowed only to do its work. It environment would not prompt you or you could not do anything in the middle. This program does help in cleaning unwanted things.
                                   Is it a risky program Shane. I am using for 2 years occasionally whenever i suspect weird behaviour in my computer

hi jraju

thank but i got a system damages and i’m working on get my system back and a some time needed for scan my system with Multiple Security software/tools  to make sure that my pc is clean! https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/158550-malwarebytes-anti-malware-203-beta-scan-failure-message/
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 05:10:15 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 05:12:07 am »
Hi, Since you reported that your system is clean, i do not know exactly what is the status. It seems that you are having some unwanted programs. Did you try JRT. what are the damages you presume that your system is said to have

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 05:17:41 am »
Hi, Since you reported that your system is clean, i do not know exactly what is the status. It seems that you are having some unwanted programs. Did you try JRT. what are the damages you presume that your system is said to have

I've just restore my system to a previous system restore point, and now I'm working on doing a virus check with multiple security programs/tools

and i have edit my post for my link  :smiley:

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 09:29:06 am »
virus check is done and no malware on my pc ! :wink:

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2014, 04:44:18 am »
Hi, Gamez
                    did your combofix access denied problem solved?

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 07:31:57 am »
Hi, Gamez
                    did your combofix access denied problem solved?

hi jraju  :smiley:

no , not yet  :artist: i’m working on that with there malwarebytes virus-helpers  :wink:

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 08:37:41 am »
what about a clean boot is that will help to running combofix without Access is denied error ?  :thinking:  https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/158559-comofix’s-won’t-run-normally-access-is-denied/?p=890446
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:42:28 am by Gamezertruth »