Author Topic: (Solved)which AVI format should i Choose to play my Sony Dvd dvpsr660p  (Read 5997 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,
                Hither to i used to convert flv or any hd format video files to avi format to play in my dvd. But nowadays whenever i try to play, i get data error (VIDEO). I think that it is due fo file format error. There are many avi formats in General video format , like H264,one that is Audio video  Interleaved by open source,and Divx video avi and Xvid avi. Which format would be playing in my Sony DVD. The help from their side is not enough and evasive.
                   Would anybody give correct choice. I am using aiesoft video converter, which has these formats.
                   While plugging out i fail to notice the 3 plug connections. I am finding so many plugs at the back of the DVD, which should i choose, there is a confusion. Pl let me know the correct procedure. I want to see the video in LG tv.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 05:15:07 am by jraju »
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: which AVI format should i Choose to play my Sony Dvd dvpsr660p
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 12:54:21 am »
You have to look up and see what formats the dvd player supports and then encode in one of the supported formats. Also make sure that the audio of the video is encoded to a support format as well.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: which AVI format should i Choose to play my Sony Dvd dvpsr660p
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 02:15:04 am »
Hi, Shane,
                 Ok . Fine I have checked that Divx format supports my dvd and hence will try to convert. Due to unplugging of rear connection from DVD, now i have a problem . The dvd  recorder could power on, I could see welcome message in the DVD screen, but there is no output in TV. Since unplugged for contacting the Sony Help, i could not remember the exact ports of dvd, to which it was plugged.
                         i gave yellow to video, and then select red and white for left and right audio. I could see the welcome sign. But no Sony Logo, which is the sure sign of indication of working of Sony DVD. Any help. There are 11 ports to insert the red,white and yellow output plug

Update:  there was a connection problem in the compound cable connecting the TV with DVD. Now when i just change the wire cable containing 3 components and connect with TV, voila, I got the Sony DVD screen, start screen and then i tried a old avi format, which played well in the Player. To get to the root and try to change the wire to a new one, fixed my problem.
                                 The user manual on line and off line supplied with the hardware does little help, as it has listed only some format that support my sony dvd version, but how to find the AVI format version to select for conversion. Is there any way?. Anyhow, I mark this thread as solved. Thanks
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 05:14:14 am by jraju »
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".