Author Topic: All in One Repair 2.10.2 very sticky  (Read 5888 times)

Offline Orca

• View Profile
All in One Repair 2.10.2 very sticky
« on: November 12, 2014, 02:37:36 am »
Hi Shane. Great tool, the all-in-one. Liked it so much I donated you a few quid !  ANyhoo, when I ran it (Win 7 64) this time it asked to update itself, which I did to 2.10.2.  Did a clean boot, killed Kaspersky etc etc, and its now failing.  The little clock literally stops and the Knight Rider bars freeze  (on many of the tasks), then it'll spring back for a few seconds (the clock catches up) and eventually it fails, saying its' tried for more than 30 secs to do it, please report '.  So I'm reporting. The old versions were quick and easy and flew thru the jobs. This one freezes continually. It kid of battles through if you skip the first 4 jobs but is still very freezey and takes 1000 times longer than before, because its as if its waiting 5 mins, then doing a burst of a few seconds, then waiting 5 mins etc.

ANy ideas ? Attached is screenshot showing the fail message (It does this for pretty much all the tasks). Note, thius was under a clean boot, with all startups and non ess services disabled as per instructions ???

Rory

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: All in One Repair 2.10.2 very sticky
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 02:38:29 pm »
Very odd, the program is simply doing a if file exists api call to see if the repair has started or not, the only time the program will freeze like that is if a Windows API it is calling hasnt answered back yet.

The program runs tweaking_ras.exe to run the repairs under the system account, if the file is being blocked some how then the repairs wont start, and the fact that it is freezing and unfreezing make me wonder if the av was still holding it even though it was off.

Did you try running it in safe mode to see how it does?

Shane