Author Topic: PRIMO Fix for my "Windows Updates!!!"  (Read 4372 times)

Offline keepon

• View Profile
PRIMO Fix for my "Windows Updates!!!"
« on: January 14, 2015, 12:03:39 pm »
I did a Windows 7 reinstall/repair install.  I was scared as heck that I wouldn't get thru it without some major catastrophe (was a too lacking on 'bold' to do a full reinstall.)  sfc /scannow was consistently ending with "cbs log file corrupt."

After getting through the repair install without complications, I began doing the huuuge number of Windows Updates.  The System Update Tool, wuauserv(?), watching a bunch of youtubes....  Not! :[  Nothing got me to successful updates.

I remembered Britec's reference to your site as maybe being helpful.  If "tweaking" didn't solve the Windows Update problem, after working so many hours, I'd need to start all over and do an out-of-the-box reinstall.

I was extremely skeptical the "Tweaking" would succeed.  Well- to my astonishment- it saved me!  I'm so grateful!  In the process, whenever I hit a batch that wouldn't install, I'd retry the windows tool, which would fail.  Without "Tweaking," I would not have gotten the updates in.  Your tool did the heavy lifting, of which I was totally incapable, but I darn well could follow through the steps of "Tweaking." 

Windows Updates- DONE!  No more cbs log corruption either!

Ever grateful! 
(btw: can't tell you how many bloggers I read along the way who were run aground on the Update Tool.  What's the matter with Windows/Microsoft?  The thought occurred to me that they were driving business to themselves, but maybe they provide support gratis.  Having been burned by them once before, I wasn't going there.  How could they leave so many people stranded?)