Author Topic: Insydeh20 setup problems persistent  (Read 5293 times)

Offline starlight

• View Profile
Insydeh20 setup problems persistent
« on: February 22, 2015, 05:24:19 am »
Hello Shane, everyone... Its possible this problem has been solved on this forum but having scrolled through I can't seem to find it so I decided to post

I'm using a windows 7operating system. I didn't use my laptop for quite a long time so I removed the batteries. After a year I put the batteries on and charged it but each time I put it on it goes to "insydeh20setup utility" screen with a beeping sound. After I exit this screen several times it goes to " edit boot options" which makes it boot normally after I press enter.

Things I've done: I've run a registry repair program (which solved it for a while before it started again), I've run anti malware and antivirus scans and I've used tweaking windows repair program, I've done power reset and sfc scan.
I'm trying to avoid reinstalling a new operating system and I don't want to factory reset either.  I don't know if there's something else that can be done.   Thanks

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Insydeh20 setup problems persistent
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 09:22:10 pm »
Since the system was down for such a long time have you tried to get all the Windows updates done for it from Windows update?

Also it would be a good idea to uninstall any old antivirus and get a more up to date one installed as well, and better yet, before doing all the Windows updates do a clean boot with all the 3rd party programs disabled, it will help speed up the Windows updates a lot :-)

Shane

Offline starlight

• View Profile
Re: Insydeh20 setup problems persistent
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 06:18:45 am »
Thanks so much but how do I do a clean boot and disabling of third party programs. How do I enable them back in case its necessary

Offline Samson

• View Profile