Author Topic: Windows Store; Windows 8.1; no install/no launch; error 0x80070002  (Read 23246 times)

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Store; Windows 8.1; no install/no launch; error 0x80070002
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2015, 02:22:41 pm »
Happy to help and I am looking forward to getting those new changes added to the repair :-)

Shane

Offline Wesley

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2015, 09:05:31 am »
OK, lets find out if it is something with the user account or not.

As a test, create a new local account on the system and then log in with that account and see if the store works for the new user. That will tell me if it is a profile problem or if it doesnt work either, if it is something wrong in the system itself. :wink:

Shane

Hi Shane,

I also have this problem with Windows Store and Metro Apps (including Photos and PC Settings which I could find a fix), except when I create another test user everything seems to work just fine. At first not even my 'modern PC Settings' would work, then I found this command and could change my pc settings once again:

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\ImmersiveControlPanel\AppxManifest.xml

After running this command and concluding it did work for the settings app, I started 'playing around' with it and trying to register other apps such as Photos, Camera, FileManager and even the Win Store itself. Turns out it also did fix those apps, but I still can't install any modern apps from win store and there are a couple apps which couldn't be fixed after I ran this command using 'ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\*\AppxManifest.xml' as path.

I also ran your Windows Repair Tool (latest version available) as suggested and it didn't fix those apps.

Please, any help?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2015, 10:14:47 am »
Start a new thread and I will help you there. I like to keep each thread to just one person so I dont get confused on who is doing what :-)

Shane