Author Topic: Unsure what is going on... [SOLVED]  (Read 8661 times)

Offline ComputerJunkie

• View Profile
Unsure what is going on... [SOLVED]
« on: February 27, 2015, 04:23:35 am »
Hi Shane,

Okay, did the all-in-one-repair and simple tweaks (minus visual tweaks and win 8 stuff) and showed you my logs. (I have the Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Anytime Upgrade and 32GB RAM with 250GB SSD and all software and hardware have been updated)

Last night, I noticed my mouse acting all crazy. It would automatically cause a window to expand/default to normal size just by touching the top bar of a window. Then anything that had a checkbox was very difficult to check/uncheck. Then it was like single-click instead of double-click to open things. I went to mouse section and folder options in Control Panel and re-set them and even tried restarting the computer.

I should have stopped there before anything else.

I went ahead and opened the hidden Admin account to install Adobe CS5.5 Master Collection and after 3 attempts, I got it to install. Updates did not want to work-I manually installed their Application Update Manager and then managed to update all the software programs in the collection.

But that mouse was going even more crazy at that point. It would only flicker a drown-down menu or expanded list and would take great patience to get something to open, click, check, uncheck and so on. The other problem I have been noticing is if I try to place cursor to add or delete text, it will highlight the stuff next to it without me doing it, that also takes patience and then like in the browser address bar, normally you can click there and have the entire URL highlight, but it doesn't want to do it on FF or IE.

Then problem with staying logged in to Adobe's website and certain stuff not connecting.

Anyway, been going through each program and all seems fine.

However, when I logged off of Hidden Admin and came back to this account, for the first time, I immediately got the BSOD!

I have never had this problem up until using the tweaking programs so I am very concerned Windows did not like something that got done to it with these 2 programs?

Granted Adobe has been a pain to install and I have been working on it since January 22nd, but never had one issue with the OS or other programs and hardware.

I tried doing a search for these, but it's either people talking about AVG, or needing to upgrade network driver...and while searching, I started having the strange thing that 2 browser windows will open whenever I click a link.

IF I have to, I can do another system image restore, but then I am back to square one with reinstalling Visual Studio and then the dreaded Adobe CS5.5 Master Collection...but wondering if there is a simpler fix? This just kills me, never had this kind of problem until this week with all the tweaking...

I just found reference to Killer e2200 network card which I have; maybe it got corrupted through the network tweaks? I will try to reinstall that and see if anything seems better.

The BSOD said:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
If BSOD again, uninstall hardware or software before BSOD...
Then disable BIOS Memory options such as caching or shadowing

Tech Info:

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0xFFFFF880072CD000, 0X0000000000000002, 0X0000000000000000,
0xFFFFF88008619254)

*** e22w7x64.sys - Address FFFFF8808619254 base at FFFFF88008600000, Datastamp 4f56a8b5

MAN! Took me forever to type this with the mouse issues.

UPDATE: I got the video and network cards reinstalled and reinstalled firefox and at least desktop icons came back. Mouse is still strange even after trying to uninstall and reinstall...

Since I haven't done anything else too major, do you think I should run Tweaking tools again, since I installed Adobe CS5.5?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 01:31:56 am by ComputerJunkie »
Dell Precision M4600
Intel Core i5-2520M 2.5GHz CPU
16GB RAM
1920x1080 Display
Intel HD Graphics 3000 / NVIDIA Quadro 1000M
Intel Centrino WiMAX 6250
Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6250 AGN
Integrated Web Cam
Windows 7 Professional

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Unsure what is going on...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 05:13:37 pm »
The blue screen was caused by a driver, e22w7x64.sys which is the network card driver from what I could find. All I did was google that file name and every result was of people getting blue screens from it.

None of my programs touch drivers so nothing you did would have caused that.

As for the mouse, I want you to try a different mouse if you can, and a different keyboard if you have one. I just want to cover all the bases and I have had, on multiple times, had a bad keyboard (Stuck key) or a bad mouse (Also stuck button) be the cause of odd problems like that.

If it happens with a different mouse as well, then try it in safe mode and see how it does. If it works fine in safe mode then it is possible you have a 3rd party program installed that is hooked to the mouse and is sending the click event to it, I have seen joke programs, viruses and other programs such as macro plays tools (That repeat a set of mouse clicks and key strokes) do that.

It is also possible that if you do have a 3rd party program or virus doing it that it also tried to hook itself into the network driver as well and is what caused the blue screen.

Have you ran ADWCleaner on the system yet? I am curious what it finds.

Shane

Offline ComputerJunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 07:40:39 pm »
I have been working tirelessly to get this thing working right and one thing I do know, is I don't have any viruses, as it would seem. I have Norton's tweaked up, and then I even did a free online McAfee Scan, and the one day I did the Malwarebytes scan.

Now, this is completely strange, but when I got a 2nd BSOD, also for that network card, I rebooted and did the Shift + F10 to get into my Killer network card settings. I did not read this anywhere, or hear it from anyone, but my brain said try it and so I did! LOL ALL I did was toggle through the settings choices, and then toggled them right back to original settings, hit F4 to save and exit. It rebooted and all of a sudden I am not getting the double windows, I am able to click radio buttons, select items in drop-down menus and so on. Go figure?!

A NEW problem that I have noticed, every time I boot up, my little icon for the network is twirling to activate and after a bit of time, it will then connect-which is definitely a new problem. Also, I am seeing as desktop is loading, my cursor will show the "thinking/spinning" four times before it acts like every thing is now in place and ready to go.

With that said, I have not tried the ADWCleaner yet, but I will go ahead and do that now and post after I am done.

I have some knowledge with computers (windows, software, hardware), but ever since ONLY wanting to install Adobe CS5.5 Master Collection, it has been a HUGE learning curve for me. I was always the one who my people came to for computer help, and now with my problems, I have had NO ONE to bounce things off of, until now. I just hope you don't get sick of me. But, one thing for sure, your efforts are not being wasted, I am literally learning for future hiccups and maybe I can help someone else to pay it forward.

(UPDATE: I almost forgot to tell you the other weird thing that happened yesterday, desktop bookmark icons had gone to the generic windows icons all of a sudden-but that got "fixed" also.

I just installed and ran ADWCleaner, I did not tell it to do anything, just did the scan and checked what it is suggesting. But I want to see what you say before I tell it to go crazy and clean all. LOL

UPDATE: I cannot get my CleanMem Monitor to run at all, and S-Bar will not start at startup now, even though I only scanned and did not take any actions with ADWCleaner...ugh.

UPDATE: I even went into msconfig and made sure S-Bar is checked to start and do not see CleanMem anywhere. No matter how much I try, I cannot it it running at all...It looks like another icon I use is missing from the taskbar but I cannot remember what it is now. LOL Should I reinstall those items to make them work?

By the way, Ixquick https is my search engine in Firefox and IE.

ADWCleaner Results:

# AdwCleaner v4.111 - Logfile created 28/02/2015 at 22:02:07
# Updated 18/02/2015 by Xplode
# Database : 2015-02-18.3 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (x64)
# Username : DerBengel - DERBENGEL-PC
# Running from : C:\Users\DerBengel\Downloads\adwcleaner_4.111.exe
# Option : Scan

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

File Found : C:\Users\DerBengel\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\rbhw36t6.default-1425076543184\searchplugins\safesearch.xml

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Found : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{98796A8A-5FDF-4F0B-B3EF-4694F45B53C4}
Key Found : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{AFBCB7E0-F91A-4951-9F31-58FEE57A25C4}
Key Found : [x64] HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{98796A8A-5FDF-4F0B-B3EF-4694F45B53C4}
Key Found : [x64] HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{AFBCB7E0-F91A-4951-9F31-58FEE57A25C4}
Key Found : [x64] HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{AFBCB7E0-F91A-4951-9F31-58FEE57A25C4}

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v10.0.9200.17229

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v36.0 (x86 en-US)

[rbhw36t6.default-1425076543184] - Line Found : user_pref("browser.search.defaultenginename.US", "Ixquick hxxpS");

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [1420 bytes] - [28/02/2015 22:02:07]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [1479 bytes] ##########
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:30:09 pm by ComputerJunkie »
Dell Precision M4600
16GB RAM
1920x1080 Display
Integrated Web Cam
Windows 7 Professional

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 04:15:42 am »
Hi,
               Why hesitating to delete those search engine entries found by adware cleaner. It is ok to delete it . This search tool is a browser hijacker so adware cleaner found and need your permission to get rid of them.
                      What is your actual problem in nutshell so that shane could easily give prompt solution
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline ComputerJunkie

• View Profile
Re: Unsure what is going on...[SOLVED]
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 07:51:49 am »
Hi J,

Cant put it in a nutshell, unfortunately. As written on a couple boards now, been trying to install Adobe CS5.5 Master Collection since January 22nd. Adobe claims only a few people have had this problem, but you go to their OWN website, as well as, countless others and IT professionals and programmers will flat out tell you there's a problem with the installer package and you will quickly see it's not a few people, not a few hundred people, it's THOUSANDS of people who received discs with a faulty installer package on it.

When I bought the software and had free tech support, Adobe would have to do remote access to install it and it would take between around 4 hours and usually 2 days of calls/remote access and they knew what they were doing. They had to go to the registry and change things, well, the list was long on the procedure they would take. But, Adobe will not even let you PAY them for tech support to get it installed since they moved to CS6 Cloud. So you have to be as smart as Adobe software engineers and MS engineers to successfully install it. I am an above average user, but not that good! I have researched so much my head is ready to explode or something. The problem is that I have had the computer for 2 years and was about to take 2 online classes starting February 5th and decided to do a fresh install of Windows. What a friggin mistake! Had to drop the classes. I have done nothing but work on this day in and day out since Jan 22nd. On Jan 26th, I wrote a well-written letter to Adobe Corp feedback and did get a call from an Adobe techie, he said there, installed and I had 14 errors, 14 warnings and so on. I asked him to stay with me while I update, because even that was not working before. It initialized, we said bye and sure enough, after 40 minutes it failed. Their answer at that point is manually download/install every component, even though some components are NOT on the download pages.

Point is, I did another system image restore and finally decided to use Shane's software and there were problems after that. Then we got that fixed. So I went to hidden Admin with networking and got Adobe installed, did a manual install of the application manager and successfully updated, activated and can use every Adobe program. However, when I came back to my user account, all hell broke loose. So I was panicked cause I sure did not want to re-do EVERYTHING again. As you can see above, I got most all of it fixed but Shane asked me to run ADWCleaner for his curiosity, so I did. He, as well as a lot of people thought maybe virus or rogue 3rd party software. But as you can see, my system is pretty clean.

Now, just like everyone tells me, ohhh just run it and let it do it's thing...so I listen and end up back at square one again. Even though tweaking tool was not supposed to upset anything, some software did not like it. In recent past, people said to run CCleaner and doing that ruined a lot of stuff on the computer. So for all I know, these things ADWCleaner found, are also very important components for IE and FF to work and if that's the case, I do not want to touch them. Afterall, even just doing a scan, without any actions, ADWCleaner, completely ruined CleanMem, S-Bar and a few other applications. So I had to uninstall and reinstall all of them. So why would I just tell this thing to remove those links it found? LOL

UPDATE:

1st IE Key is part of my ixquick search engine so I am not sure I should delete that

2nd IE Key is Norton's toolbar that is an add-on from Norton's 360 suite (Shane knows it was causing my cntrl +F to quit working, and I disabled it, but since it's part of the program-not a single item I can uninstall in add/remove programs, not sure I can successfully delete that without repercussions?

3rd, 4th, 5th just 64-bit but unsure why the one is repeated twice, as it only shows once in the regedit.

Mozilla-that is part of my search engine, so going backwards, I figure I should not delete the C:\ entry either since it's something to do with Mozilla profile, plug-ins?

UPDATE:

I think I finally have everything running correctly...hoping. I did have a couple other glitches happening but seem to have fixed them as well. The worst part was having to reinstall all my apps after installing Adobe and then having to reinstall them after ADWCleaner...I only scanned-never told it to take any actions. GRRR LOL

I am not going to delete those items that ADWCleaner tagged.  I found that one Mozilla file and it had all my bookmarks and everything in there so no way I am going to delete that.

I made a system image on 3 external hard drives to "try" to ensure plenty of backup options in case of a fail somewhere. LOL

Thanks Shane!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 01:25:36 am by ComputerJunkie »
Dell Precision M4600
16GB RAM
1920x1080 Display
Integrated Web Cam
Windows 7 Professional

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Unsure what is going on... [SOLVED]
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 10:10:45 am »
The CleanMem mini monitor starts from the task scheduler, so you would just need to check there :wink:

How is everything running so far now?

Shane

Offline ComputerJunkie

• View Profile
Re: Unsure what is going on... [SOLVED]
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 12:02:35 pm »
Hi Shane,

I went to the task scheduler, but it said enabled.  And I had to reinstall the S-Bar, touchpad and such.

Everything was working fine in the beginning-since 2012, but with wanting to refresh windows, meant installing that dreaded Adobe software. It's like everything gets re-routed or whatever with the bad installer package.

But I believe the nightmare is finally over!!! When I came to the computer today and trying a lot of stuff out, all seems very simpatico! :-)

Thanks for getting me through this!

:cheesy:
Dell Precision M4600
16GB RAM
1920x1080 Display
Integrated Web Cam
Windows 7 Professional