Author Topic: My laptop wont startup  (Read 7337 times)

Offline Bosveldman

• View Profile
My laptop wont startup
« on: March 12, 2015, 04:56:37 pm »
Hi There,
I started with the repair  windows (all in one) for windows 7. I did go through every step check registry and all that and then it became late and decided to do the power off through the night remove battery as prescribed and this morning there wass nothing to start up Starting in safe mode opening windows running loading files stops and end with a black screen and that is it. Can anybody please help me I do not know what to do next. I cannot take it to technicians because I just cannot afford it. Please help me

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: My laptop wont startup
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 05:18:55 pm »
If you have another computer where you can create a disk, I would recommend creating one each for Paragon Rescue Disk which can repair the MBR and one for Kaspersky Rescue Disk - however, that latter can take hours to scan your files.

I ran the latter when all I had was a black screen with a big white arrow.

It took about 9 hours to complete and when I clicked on shutdown on completion and walked away, I came back to find it running a chkdsk - not sure if this will do it for you but if the Paragon Rescue Disk doesn't help, then run that one.

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/rk-free/download.html - Download the manual as well.

Paragon has its own burner so you just need a DVD.

http://support.kaspersky.co.uk/4162

Read the Useful References section and you can use ImgBurn to create the bootable disk. http://filehippo.com/download_imgburn

Offline HeyRoxie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 05:54:10 pm »
this is what worked for me.. shut down,, unplug system from power source

remove battery and hit start button rapidly a few times.. plug in power source first and than the battery.. turn on system and go to safe mode.. if you can not access with safe mode at first.. start again.. repeat each step ..once in go to CMD: and run the following at admin level.. 
make sure to change to dir down to the c:>  ... you need to run a SFC and test your drive.. the cmd is the following
c:>sfc /scannow              .. this is check disk for errors and fix them.. if you see any thing that could not be fix.. no worries you will run again..   When I went in thru safe mode for the first 4-5 times I could not access anything but the cmd prompt ..
you need to go to device mgr and look to see what crashed.. if like so many of us.. it will be the NetWork Controller and the Athoras Driver... update the driver(s) and all but the connection for the Athoras the last I looked this morning it had been totally removed.. 

My explorer file was corrupt as was shell32 drive.. that can be fixed another way. but as was advised if you do not have a system repair disc. if you havent crashed AGAIN (and you will) (I started with the blue screen that fading to the BSOD (black screen of death) so blue screen than that started to faded out and the Black when I rebooted hmmmm and that started to fade to as if the life was being sucked out;; I am laughing now,, but not the last 2 days.. ;)  MIGHT as well update display while in there..

each fix.. log out and reset.. when up run a system malware/virus scan..and if you can enter the standard way.. check your drivers again...I believe this was assisted by a recent security update.. and fixes to stop it from repeating is in or on the way..

Hope this helps..  :cheesy: I think I have learned more these last few weeks than ever in my life... has been interesting//

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 06:04:04 pm »
The machine has been off all night with the battery removed so the memory should have been well and truly drained and while Network drivers are about the last to load, the OP may have a different Bluetooth adapter to Athoras.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 08:28:54 pm »
When you try to load safe mode, you said you see the file list going about it loading and then the screen is just black, is there a mouse cursor at all or is that not on the screen as well?

Shane

Offline Bosveldman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 11:47:49 pm »
Hi Shane,
After I returned home because I went to a friend of mine to use his laptop to post the thread and when I returned home I found a program was busy recovering my data and everything eventually went back to normal. Must say that was after bringing glory to the GREAT I AM who's name is Yahweh.
So my laptop was switched off and I restarted normal and everything back to normal accept that the initial problem was still there and then I ran Tweaking.com again from the beginning to the end no problem accept that the laptop  freezes  time and again  which is my initial problem, if you click on anything if you click " Not Responding" is what you get. Then you wait a few minutes and click and then again freezes wait again and then it reacts again.
It is a heavy frustration and I just cannot work like this.
Thank you for your time Shane I really appreciate.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 08:38:58 am »
Have you ran a memory test yet?

A lot of time lock ups can be caused by bad hardware, so it is a good idea to test the hardware before digging deep into windows itself :-)

Shane