Author Topic: Error Code: 0x4004F00D 'This copy of Microsoft Office is not activated'  (Read 18253 times)

Offline RedBaron4730

• View Profile
It appears that since I have upgraded to the latest TWEAKING.COM version, I continuoesly get

Error Code: 0x4004F00D  'This copy of Microsoft Office is not activated'.

when I open Microsoft Office 2013 products; Word, Excel and Outlook.  This may just be a coincident.  I have tried to restore System Restore Point, but that did not fix the problem.  Too, I've tried to run the 'ospp.vbs' cscript Microsoft suggest and that to, did not work.  (FYI - I do have a product key)  Any other suggestions would be greatful

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
What program of mine did you upgrade to? And just updating my programs wouldn't have caused the problem, and in my windows repair tool none of the repairs target or touch office.

Normally the activation of office and even windows is stored in a file on the drive, when that file becomes corrupt for some reason it will comp[lain that it isnt activated and normally the fix is to remove the file and let it activate again where it will write a new file.

That error code you got means that the key you are using is a volume key and not a retail or oem key.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-office_install/activation-required-error-code-0x4004f00d-re/2fd352f4-df73-42ec-8197-980861a9e594

So it is possible who ever you got the key from was a bad key that MS started blocking and is why you are getting the error now.

Shane