Author Topic: WLAN-AutoConfig Warnings  (Read 13117 times)

Offline Marek

• View Profile
WLAN-AutoConfig Warnings
« on: March 27, 2015, 01:59:34 am »
Hi Shane:
You as a unique man solved the problem with WMI error ID10. That is why I think you will fix the another one. It regards two warnings showing by Event Log in Windows 7 and so: WLAN-AutoConfig ID 10002 (WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped) and WLAN-AutoConfig ID 4001 (WLAN-AutoConfig Service has successfully stopped)  :smiley: Both warnings appear during computer shutting down. According to me they should be shown as information not warnings. I tried to exclude them from Event Log but they appear while next computer reboot. I see such warnings in many many laptops.
Marek     

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: WLAN-AutoConfig Warnings
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 03:29:34 pm »
See if this does the trick,

Go to the event viewer, Go to application and services logs, then go to Microsoft, Windows and then WLAN-Autoconfig

Then expand it and right click on operational.

When you do the menu should have a disable log option. Go ahead and disable the log and see if that gets the warning to stop. :wink:

Shane

Offline Marek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 04:51:36 am »
I have already done what you advice me, but no effects. The problem still exists. Before of that these warnings appear only when you go in Event Viewer to Windows Log and next to System logs. I do not see them when I go to Application and Services>Microsoft>Windows>WLAN Config>Operational.
Marek

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 11:38:07 am »
I did some looking into this and that is simply how MS has it set to be in the OS.

One user was able to remove it by doing some interesting hacks in the event log to get it to be removed completely from it. But other than that it isnt a bug that can be fixed as it is the way MS wrote the event and they have never fixed it.

As an example, if I am writing to the event log I tell it the message give it an ID and tell it if it is a warning, error or information. In this case the service is passing the wrong type to it, so it shows as a warning instead of information.

Shane