Author Topic: Wininit chkdsk log advise (CLOSED)  (Read 4693 times)

Offline StephanP

• View Profile
Wininit chkdsk log advise (CLOSED)
« on: April 11, 2015, 02:13:22 am »
So, I had chkdsk execute upon next restart and it came up with some error messages. See attachment.

I'm not quite sure if everything has been resolved now or that I'm in trouble?
Could do with some help interpreting the log.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 10:44:45 pm by StephanP »

Offline jpm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
Re: Wininit chkdsk log advise
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 04:28:30 pm »
OK - The "USA check value, 0x0, ""... error is weird one. Much is written about it, but there are few answers.  Some believe drive is about to die. Others think it is an error with installed software. Others think you have to update your motherboard / bios drivers.  I've even seen some where the problem just fixes itself over time.. (which would suggest a possible driver update)

If it were me, I'd run chkdsk on reboot again - see if better or worse.  Then I'd look for the hard drive diagnostic tool from the specif drive manufacturer (if you know the info I can link you to it)

Then I'd update the motherboard drivers which should include the controller drivers then check and see if that helped.

After that, I'd assume that the 360kb of bad sectors are just that. Id monitor the drive and probably replace it.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Wininit chkdsk log advise
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 03:00:58 pm »
Yes the drive is bad, it found a lot of bad sectors and you have data on those sectors. Get your data backed up as soon as you can :wink:

Shane