Author Topic: Windows Store No Longer Working  (Read 5449 times)

Offline Stefanko

• View Profile
Windows Store No Longer Working
« on: June 04, 2015, 12:03:34 pm »
How do I fix this problem without completely wiping my hard drive and starting over.  I just don't want to start over again.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Store No Longer Working
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 03:02:48 pm »
I assume you are using Win 8/8.1 ?

Open a Command Prompt (Admin) and enter dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth to see what that reports and if it's still a no-go then enter dism /online /cleanup-image /analysecomponentstore and post its report.

You may have to change the s in analyse to a z - auto correct at it again :)

Have you run a chkdsk to determine if there are any bad sectors on the HDD ?

Run this command from the Command Prompt (Admin) as well and when you just enter chkdsk without any parameters it will give you a read-only report without fixing anything, but will recommend any remedial action if it finds anything amiss.

If you want to post its output then right click in the command window, click on Select all and press enter then right click in the reply box and select Paste.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Store No Longer Working
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 03:12:09 pm »
You can also use my Windows Repair tool, run it in safe mode and run all the repairs. :wink:

There is 2 repairs for the app store in there and you can only choose one or the other, the "Repair Windows 8 App Store (Completely Reset App Store)" is good to use if the app store doesnt get fixed after running all the other repairs.

Shane