Author Topic: host file got hijacked ? (solved)  (Read 34191 times)

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Re: host file got hijacked ? (solved)
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2015, 09:22:12 am »
Good to hear that you are sorted  :cheesy:

As for the future, I'd say keep it simple, others may (and probably will) disagree. Overloading your machine with security programs will offer very little more protection and more than likely cause problems.

Microsoft Security Essentials or Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition (NOT both) , are lightweight, low user interaction requirement and free.

As for anti malware on demand scanners then AdwCleaner are MBAM are popular and effective.

At the end of the day it's user choice, a back up plan of some sort is probably just as important (if not more so) than prevention, depends how much you value your data and time  :wink:

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
Re: host file got hijacked ? (solved)
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2015, 12:20:58 pm »
thank Samson and Shane for both of you for helping my out I have a question, if I already have windows defender Installed on my system, then Do I need to install Microsoft Security Essentials ? If they were using the same virus/malware database then should to install Microsoft Security Essentials Side by side with windows defender ?  :smiley:

I will go in the coming days to buy an external disk but the prices are very expensive! So I want to ask before buying any external disk because of that there are a lot of bad products out there!  :artist:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 12:27:23 pm by Gamezertruth »