Author Topic: The Master File Table (MFT) Bitmap attribute is incorrect.  (Read 14674 times)

Offline thankfuluser

• View Profile
Hi Shane, i'm having some problems after trying sfc /scannow multiple times and also trying CHKDSK /f at boot and also CHKDSK /r at boot and nothing will fix The (MFT) Bitmap attribute is incorrect.Also,The Volume Bitmap is incorrect.I checked on forum and could not find the same problem reported anywhere.One other thing,my clock time keeps changing and then i get my Bios page up on start up sometimes ,so,i fix time and get out of bios.Im using Windows 7 sp1 64 bit and i just did a complete re-install a week ago.My computer is an ASUStek desktop 1730m/1830.  Thanks for any help anyone can give.Tim.I use your program all the time and still love it.....Oh can you possibly give me the code for CBS logs to desktop...This one (findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt) does not work....Thank You
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 01:53:11 pm by thankfuluser »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: The Master File Table (MFT) Bitmap attribute is incorrect.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 12:33:42 pm »
Where and when are you getting the "The (MFT) Bitmap attribute is incorrect"?

Shane

Offline thankfuluser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 02:55:38 pm »
Hi Shane,I am getting it when i run your program on the check Disc part.So then i ran sfc /scannow and it said there were corrupted files that WMI could not repair.So,i ran CHKDSK on boot with CHKDSK /f and that did not fix.Then i ran CHKDSK /r and that did not repair it either.??? Thank You Tim

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 02:57:21 pm »
It might be a false positive. Read this
http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/topic,2546.0.html

When you do a scan at boot up, once done go check the results in the event viewer for it. If it says it is good that is the one to follow :wink:

Shane

Offline thankfuluser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 07:57:44 pm »
Hi Shane , thank you once again for helping fix a problem on my computer.I checked the event viewer and nothing there except -The windows error reporting service entered running state.Also system start driver failed to load Amdkmafd.But that was it.But this time when i ran chkdsk /f /x it cleaned up 7 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.When i went to the site to get sfc fix tool and ran it there where no errors or corrupt files found.So,thank you very much.I have one problem left though,why would my clock on computer have to keep being fixed because it is at different time almost everytime i start my computer ?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 02:17:50 pm »
When you say the time is different, how different? Simply a different time zone or is the day, month and year totally off?

Shane