Author Topic: Repair AIO 3.20  (Read 7033 times)

Offline em17976

• View Profile
Repair AIO 3.20
« on: May 26, 2015, 06:30:25 am »
Hi,
I am using windows 7 and recently updated to 3.20 AIO (not pro). I left it do its thing yesterday without any hiccups I believe BUT when I went to use Snipping tool which is pinned to my start menu it would not run, today.
I then went to AIO again and just selected repair snipping tool and it did what it had to but still did not work. That was 7 minutes ago.

I then did a google search for repair of snipping tool and it took me to tweaking.com so I guess you are the expert.

I got it to work again but what I did was right click snipping tool and said run as administrator.  So it works.

I did test #2 and failed again but did the right click run as admin and it works.  So the question is did you forget to do a default run as admin in your coding or how can I get the run as admin to stay as a long term default.

Thanks

Offline em17976

• View Profile
Re: Repair AIO 3.20
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 09:48:14 am »
I fixed it but I didn't change the properties advanced to uncheck run as admin.

But I have it back and running. Not sure if AIO did the dirty but I think it did.

Ed

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 11:05:12 am »
Normally when I see things like this happen it is because the UAC isnt working right. I have seen a lot of my customers machines lately, after some Windows updates, all of a sudden the UAC stopped asking permissions, so things set to run as admin where not. They had to right click and run it as administrator, even then it still didn't ask. To fix it all i did was turn the UAC off and the back on again and it worked fine.

I haven't been able to find the reason for this yet but I am seeing it a lot. Might be a good idea to turn the USC off and then back on again and see how it does. :wink:

Shane

Offline em17976

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 11:15:56 am »
Shane,
I have the UAC off. I always have it off.

Ed

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 11:20:01 am »
One of my customers did as well, I had to turn it back on, then back off and it started working again.

Basically the trick is to set it the opposite of what it is set to now and then back again. What ever this bug is from one of the Windows updates enabled the UAC but keeps it silent, never asking, so even when turned off it was still doing it.

Wont hurt to do it, just go to the UAC, put it back to the default level, hit apply and OK, then go right back in and turn it off, Windows will say you need to log off and back on, go ahead and reboot and see how it does.

I havent been able to replicate the bug here in vmware so I havent been able to try and find a fix other than what I said about flipping it on and off again.

Shane

Offline em17976

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 11:22:29 am »
Will do.

Thanks for the input.

Ed

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 11:25:07 am »
No problem, let me know how it turns out and if it seems to help at all.

Shane