Author Topic: Rubik cube experience  (Read 7218 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Rubik cube experience
« on: June 26, 2015, 07:56:03 pm »
Hi, I was not interested in mathematics and so had least interest, when this game was at the earier stages of introduction.
                   But, after my usual glances at Tweaking com for threads for my understanding and solutions, i have enough time let to spend/spare.
                            Since, it was always my passion to know the principle of algorithm in Computer, for writing a prgoram from my younger age, which i could not do till now due to want of opportunity or possession of computer in my young days, i started liking mathematics and would do anything to understand it.
                                       My friend use technics in maths to solve the x problems easily. The soundness of maths is to be understood to know its tricks. I really lost my gold olden days neglecting anything of calculation or finding x in a known series or unknown series.
                                             the work pressure gave me little time to spend on knowning mathematics which i left in my school days.
                                                  The main reason is that i always go deep in to anything that proved . For example, i always look for a kind of backward working of sums to know, whether i had applied the formula and the given input correctly.
                                                         This is the problem I tried to overcome , but could not. After attempting a sum, it is better you had the confidence level that all the steps you did were correctly applied. I would do the sum correctly, but I always rear check from the answer to get the input.
                                                               Funny as it may seem, but this is the limitation I have when I attempt any x formula of finding a variable value which is not given in the sum.
                                                                     Ok, let us skip at that. Coming to Rubik cube . I thought of trying to solve the cube my self by initial rotation. I rotated it and it got scrambled. Oh. There is no chance of getting them back in position unless you know the trick or how to do it.
                                                                           After playing withit but not getting anywhere, I just placed it near me hoping that it would get proper attention from me in solving. If I had placed elsewhere, then I would forget as always because of the trick of mathematics in it.
                                                                 My son is also not having interest on subjects itself but on extra curricular activities such as mimicry voice changing singing dancing etc.,
                     He used to close the room , main hall for performing his tricks in closed doors. One such time, when he finished his mimicry, he came out of a room. I entered the room without any thought of rubik cube and just glanced. Oh. All the pieces were scrambled physically on the desk. My son usually says the old thing. Dad, I had not touched it to scramble. I just tried to play but everything came to pieces.
                                                                          I thought that everything is over and I had to buy one other to try. Just a little thought. Ok. Solving problems involves mental thinking, but solving assembling atleast would give me some level of satisfaction.
                                                                                 Then I saw the 6 pieces fixed permanently and all the edges are placed on it in someway. Since rotating means every possibility of wiring inside, l looked for any other broken piece or connecting wires. But found none.  Ok, I tried to remember further. So, I looked for the colour of the pieces that occupy a particular position and tried to assemble. To my surprise, when I tried the first assembling piece it auto places it self and stood there withut falling. I thought and finished assembling all the pieces with the permanent six pieces of six colours of the central. Now, I have finished solving the assembling of pieces to get to the position of how I bought the rubik cube.
                                   Everybody would be having the first experience of solving the rubik cube in so much seconds or minutes , but  I think that I would be the first person to solve the assembling problem of Rubik cube.
                                                                                               Now I could try to solve the rubik cube to its original place by scrambling it first. I have solved the Rubik cube by assembling to get back to its default stage, the hardware trick, and not the software trick

The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: Rubik cube experience
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 03:07:10 am »
Hi, Do anybody have anything real clue of solving the rubik cube . I have seen some sites, but they are all vague and not to the points They say some codes, which I do not understand. Manual way of solving would take time. My friends are finishing in minutes, howsoever I scrambled it.
                                    May be Rubik cube lost relevance now and is replaced with still more advanced cubes.Thanks.
                                     Is there a systematic way of solving, however the position one is offered

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 12:04:45 am »
Hi, Anybody having any clue

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 01:28:07 am »
Hi, Anybody having any clue
this guy seems to know a lot on this you can watch his video it seems informative good luck i hope this helps you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=609nhVzg-5Q
Julian

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 01:35:48 am »
Hi Thank cube Julian,
                        I will watch the full video when my computer is at peak speed. But initial thing shows, what it has accidentally happened to the first cube , i bought.
                                 I think, i will really gain some knowledge about playing in rest of the videos. Thanks once again.
                                One of my friend, just takes a couple of minutes to do the same. I changed the position of cube, but he finishes within a couple of minutes.