Author Topic: Problems with Reparse Points - Infinite Loops  (Read 8640 times)

Offline Alrik

• View Profile
Problems with Reparse Points - Infinite Loops
« on: August 15, 2015, 03:13:49 am »
Hi,

I am new here, joined today.

Anyone outthere that can help with solving my problems with reparse point, infinite loops?

See the log below.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers, Alrik

Tweaking.com - Windows Repair v3.4.1 - Pre-Scan
Computer: GAAKEER (Windows 8.1 Pro 6.3.9600 ) (64-bit)
Started at (15-8-2015 11:37:48)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scanning Windows Packages Files.
Started at (15-8-2015 11:37:48)

No problems were found with the Packages Files.

Files Checked & Verified: 9.849

Done (15-8-2015 11:40:25)

Scanning Reparse Points.
Started at (15-8-2015 11:40:25)

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: Application Data) (Original Path: C:\ProgramData\Application Data) (Target Path: C:\ProgramData) (Creation Time: 22-8-2013 16:45:52)
Infinite Loop! Points back to a parent folder. I was able to access the original path folder contents, which means it creates an infinite loop.

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: Application Data) (Original Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Application Data) (Target Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local) (Creation Time: 15-8-2015 0:04:17)
Infinite Loop! Points back to a parent folder. I was able to access the original path folder contents, which means it creates an infinite loop.

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: Application Data) (Original Path: C:\Users\Alrik\AppData\Local\Application Data) (Target Path: C:\Users\Alrik\AppData\Local) (Creation Time: 14-8-2015 23:45:37)

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: Application Data) (Original Path: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Application Data) (Target Path: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local) (Creation Time: 14-8-2015 23:45:36)

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: Application Data) (Original Path: C:\Users\DefaultAppPool\AppData\Local\Application Data) (Target Path: C:\Users\DefaultAppPool\AppData\Local) (Creation Time: 14-8-2015 23:45:37)

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: Application Data) (Original Path: C:\Users\Lobke\AppData\Local\Application Data) (Target Path: C:\Users\Lobke\AppData\Local) (Creation Time: 14-8-2015 23:45:37)

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: Application Data) (Original Path: C:\Users\Tessa\AppData\Local\Application Data) (Target Path: C:\Users\Tessa\AppData\Local) (Creation Time: 14-8-2015 23:45:38)

Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Alrik\Application Data) (Target Path: C:\Users\Alrik\AppData\Roaming)
A Default Reparse Point is missing and this can cause problems on the system.

Problems were found with the Reparse Points.
You can use the Repair Reparse Points Tool at the bottom of this Window to try and fix these problems.

Files & Folders Searched: 458.143
Reparse Points Found: 127

Done (15-8-2015 11:56:38)

Checking Environment Variables.
Started at (15-8-2015 11:56:38)

No problems were found with the Environment Variables.

Scan Complete - Problems Found!

You can use the Repair Reparse Points or Repair Environment Variables tools at the bottom of this Window if needed.

While problems have been found, you can still run the repairs in the program.
But for the best results it is recommended to fix the problems reported in this scan if possible.
If you need help fixing any of the items in the log, just post in the forums at Tweaking.com for help.

Offline Samson

• View Profile

Offline Alrik

• View Profile
Re: Problems with Reparse Points - Infinite Loops
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 04:11:52 am »
OK, thanks a lot!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Reparse Points - Infinite Loops