Author Topic: (SOLVED) Windows Repair v3.4.2 bug on win10  (Read 6061 times)

Offline spem

• View Profile
(SOLVED) Windows Repair v3.4.2 bug on win10
« on: August 20, 2015, 03:50:43 am »
Hello,
firts tanks for this great program, I am a technical informatics store and this program has solved many problems on PCs of my clients.

I noticed that when I start the repairs, if I try to scale the size of the windows (CMD) the text disappears.

I do not know if it's useful, but it happens on a PC after I was made an upgrade of Win7Pro to Win10Pro.

Other issue is, after running all repairs and restart your PC when I ask to save an attachment from MS Outlook 2013 to a folder in the documents, gives error (no permission to write in this folder). When I went to check the documents folder permissions "user" was not there, I manually insert the user with rights and it was good.

One suggestion is to have an option to shut down all programs and services that are running except the essential for the windows and the program work.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 09:42:19 am by spem »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Repair v3.4.2 bug on win10
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 04:05:38 am »
I noticed that when I start the repairs, if I try to scale the size of the windows (CMD) the text disappears.

The cmd window is the one that is built into windows, my program doesn't have control of it, so if the text is disappearing then it sounds like a bug with the cmd.exe or most likely the video drivers, since a lot of windows 10 is drawn from the gpu. :wink:

Other issue is, after running all repairs and restart your PC when I ask to save an attachment from MS Outlook 2013 to a folder in the documents, gives error (no permission to write in this folder). When I went to check the documents folder permissions "user" was not there, I manually insert the user with rights and it was good.

That shouldn't of happened, but was the folder part of the default folders in the profile? I have the program set to put the default permissions on the folders that are default in Windows. Any new folders shouldn't be changed other than setting the owner to administrators so that the setacl program has permissions to change the permissions.

If you can gather any more info on that let me know, I will see if I can replicate it on my side. Where there any other permissions missing? What permissions where set on it and who was the owner set to?

One suggestion is to have an option to shut down all programs and services that are running except the essential for the windows and the program work.

Thats why the program asks the user to run it in safe mode, works best there  :cheesy:

Shane

Offline c2yorkies

• Zoey, Web Applications Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Repair v3.4.2 bug on win10
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 09:38:43 am »
"Disappearing Text"--not specific to Windows 10, just Shane's fast scripts! :cheesy:--What is happening is that it only "seems" as though the cmd text is disappearing. Actually, Shane's scripts are very quick, so, while you are clicking to resize the cmd window, the script is completing and closing. I have gone through the same experience you describe--many times, many years. I'm impatient, overanxious for insight into my quirky computer issues--however, there's so much more reported in the logs at the end--it's better to just wait the 2 hours and read the complete, compiled text files: After all, no matter what "news" you read, you're not going to stop All-in-One 1/4- or 1/2-way done! (I do wish the cmd window wouldn't cover up most of my 24-inch monitor  :tongue: since I like to monitor the repair steps to see how much farther I have to go.)